Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#39700 by Vayu
Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 am
amoney wrote:
1. Cancel Ooma altogether and go to the competition.

2. Dispute via your Credit Card.

Yes your right your getting awfull support, but there are alternatives. You dont need to get this worked up. I would not.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes! this is what I thought first time. But, there are 2 things:

1. I've already paid $250 for ooma hub and scout, If I cancel now, that money will go in waste.
2. Frankly, I've no issues with ooma as a telephone service. It is awesome. I love all the features and and what ever they are offering.

It is the customer service which sucks. They are really dumb people to take people's call. They can not solve/fix any thing, they always forward your issue to next level of support and they never let you speak with them.

I remember earlier 6-8 months back they had exceptionally good tech-people, who used to answer people's call. Now, it is no more there..
#39733 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:05 pm
Vayu wrote:
amoney wrote:
1. Cancel Ooma altogether and go to the competition.

2. Dispute via your Credit Card.

Yes your right your getting awfull support, but there are alternatives. You dont need to get this worked up. I would not.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes! this is what I thought first time. But, there are 2 things:

1. I've already paid $250 for ooma hub and scout, If I cancel now, that money will go in waste.
2. Frankly, I've no issues with ooma as a telephone service. It is awesome. I love all the features and and what ever they are offering.

It is the customer service which sucks. They are really dumb people to take people's call. They can not solve/fix any thing, they always forward your issue to next level of support and they never let you speak with them.

I remember earlier 6-8 months back they had exceptionally good tech-people, who used to answer people's call. Now, it is no more there..

Sorry I kind of thought this was all new service.

I would make myself a tall glass of patience and keep calling back to back untill you get someone you can fix this simple issue. Its as easy as reseting eveything and starting over, simple customer support 101.

Really its bad to see that consumers need to go throught this hell.

I dont like it one bit, as it threatens the companies success.
#39898 by bw1
Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 am
Vayu wrote:... then what are they doing there?

1. Making sure their back end service is running so all their customers have dial tone.

2. Helping new customers get new hardware working or other customers with hardware or connection problems.

3. Fixing bugs in their systems and web site so that customers don't experience issues like you're having.

4. Hopefully re-working their customer support processes so that customers like you can get other issues worked out.

It sounds like your current issue is that they're showing a 60 day trial and not lifetime premier. If your premier features still work then it seems you would be lower on their list of priorities. Have you tried contacting Bobby B through the forum?
#39918 by Bobby B
Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:09 am
Sorry about your poor support experience. Let me check into what happened - it looks like some account changes were need to fix this issue, but Ooma support should keep you informed about any account changes.

-Bobby

Vayu wrote:I just came back from holiday vacation and now things have changed a lot..

- My online password has changed. No issues.. I've reset it.
- Now, it is treating me as a new subscriber.
- Instead of Showing me a Buy-out customer, it is showing my status as Premier trial (60 Days)

Wow! it is interesting..

I dialed ooma Customer service number and no one is picking up the call since last 30 mins....

Still waiting for the response.. No doubt.. it is worst possible customer-service.. till now no email communication or a phone call from ooma (they made so many changes in my account.. and no updates from them..)

Shame on them....

Till now I was just saying good words about ooma to every one.. but, this is height of worst customer service... not feeling like to recommend any one .. just because of the horrible customer service and the way handle accounts and requests..

BAD BAD BAD...
#40022 by dms
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 am
I've been with Ooma for over a year now. I've had nothing but excellent telephone service. It looks like they continue to experience growth pains. It's hard to keep up with a fast growing customer base. I'm actually impressed with the changes and innovations that keep coming. I called customer support last week with a long list of questions, since I was considering Ooma Life-time upgrade. I got all my questions answered. The person who answered the phone was in the Phillipines. There are always issues getting up to speed when customer support needs to keep adding new personnel. I'm happy to cut them a lot of slack. Everything gets fixed eventually. I bought the life-time premier. I'm one happy customer even though I've had my share of support disappointments.
#40025 by bw1
Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 am
dms wrote:I've been with Ooma for over a year now. I've had nothing but excellent telephone service. It looks like they continue to experience growth pains. It's hard to keep up with a fast growing customer base. I'm actually impressed with the changes and innovations that keep coming. I called customer support last week with a long list of questions, since I was considering Ooma Life-time upgrade. I got all my questions answered. The person who answered the phone was in the Phillipines. There are always issues getting up to speed when customer support needs to keep adding new personnel. I'm happy to cut them a lot of slack. Everything gets fixed eventually. I bought the life-time premier. I'm one happy customer even though I've had my share of support disappointments.

It's good to see positive experiences, since we mostly only see the negatives posted around here. Welcome to the forums.
#40069 by Vayu
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm
dms wrote:I've been with Ooma for over a year now. I've had nothing but excellent telephone service. It looks like they continue to experience growth pains. It's hard to keep up with a fast growing customer base. I'm actually impressed with the changes and innovations that keep coming. I called customer support last week with a long list of questions, since I was considering Ooma Life-time upgrade. I got all my questions answered. The person who answered the phone was in the Phillipines. There are always issues getting up to speed when customer support needs to keep adding new personnel. I'm happy to cut them a lot of slack. Everything gets fixed eventually. I bought the life-time premier. I'm one happy customer even though I've had my share of support disappointments.

It is good to know that you got an excellent customer service. I guess it is all about your luck and to whom you are talking with. In my case every time I got contradictory/false/incomplete statements, which made me very frustrated. I hope things will be better in future.

I believe in ooma and the present and future they are offering to all of us.
#40075 by Vayu
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:31 pm
Bobby B wrote:Sorry about your poor support experience. Let me check into what happened - it looks like some account changes were need to fix this issue, but Ooma support should keep you informed about any account changes.

-Bobby

Thanks Bobby for your kind support. I hope things will be fine soon. Here are latest updates:

I called Customer Service again on Jan 2nd and here is the summary:

1. The lady took my call, confirmed that there was bug in the system, which made my account 'Core' during month of December instead of 'Premier Lifetime'.

2. She took my credit card information again and asked me to wait for 2 mins. She came back after 20 mins and said the problem is resolved. I logged-in again to My ooma and this time it was showing my service level as 'Premier - Lifetime subscription'.

3. Then I asked about the refund, which was promised by Customer service very first day.. she asked me to wait for 2 mins.
- She came back again after 18 mins and told me "Sorry we can not offer you the refund for the previous yearly subscription of premier"

4. I said, but it was promised to me and I hardly used 4 months out of it. It does not make sense to pay $99.99 for only 4 months of service. She asked me to wait for 2 mins...
I waited more than 25 mins.. nobody came back.. and I hung up.
#40076 by Vayu
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Were you a premier customer earlier before buing 'buyout' Program? If yes! then you are really lucky that thing went so smoothly.

If you are a new premier subscriber then I guess it is not a surprise that you got a smooth ride. as they had a bug in their system for the earlier case which made things very confusing and painful for every one. I guess they have fixed it now.
#40092 by Vayu
Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:22 pm
Disclaimer: I'm trying to help those who are about to transfer or already in the process of transferring service from Yearly Premier to Lifetime premier. It will help them to take the right decision. I've nothing against ooma. BTW, I'm a very happy ooma phone-service user and I will not give up as I love this service.

More updates:

I called again the customer service today and asked for the status or my ticket..

For my surprise the ticket was closed with a note: No refund could be made.

I asked the same question again:

"When the very first day I asked for transferring my service from yearly premier to Life-time Premier, I've been informed (misguided/misled) that I'll get full/partial refund for unused months". The customer representative opened a ticket for the same too (CS-21691). She told me that your refund will be processed within 2 weeks.

Then how can they turn their back to me by saying. "Sorry, no refund for unused months."

I took action based on the given information by Customer service. Now, they are saying that you got the wrong information.

What it reflects:
Either Customer Service Agents are not well trained and they do not know the services offered OR ooma is cheating with us.

I highly doubt on second. If it is first case then they need to correct their mistake and fulfill all false commitments done by them.

The CS Agent re-opened my case and told me that someone will followup with me soon by calling me personally. Which is also very unlikely as per my experience in last couple of weeks.

Thanks