Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#38205 by Vayu
Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 pm
Hi,

Recently, I got to know about ooma Buy-out(life time premier) option. I kept wondering, if it was an option then why nobody told me earlier (ooma Launge, My ooma, Support/FAQ etc...). I was on premier since day one as it was the only best option, offered to me.

Well! I found it useful and called ooma customer service. The representative said yes! we can upgrade you from premier to Buy-out and we will refund you the money paid earlier (3 months back) for yearly premier service. She opened a support case for refund and asked me to wait for 2 weeks. She promised me that I'll be well-informed about refund or any changes in my account by email or phone-call.

3 days later, my credit card was charged ($350) for buy-out plan. I checked my service level in My ooma. For my surprise it was 'Core' (the basic one). I called immediately the customer service. They opened another ticket.

Since then my service is still 'Core (the basic)' when I login in the My ooma. When I call them they said it is Life-time premier in their system and when they open the case-notes it says it is going to be 'Life-time' after 12/31/2009.

It is about 3 weeks now and I've called them 'n' number of times and every time I hear that your case has been escalated and our engineers are working on it (oh.. very less efficient engineers - it is more than 2 weeks now).

About refund, so there is no update (as promised by the representative very first day that they will refund the previous premier fee with in 14 days..)...

I can not use Call forwarding, mutli-ring and other features what I used to have earlier. Even 10 digit calling is not working too (with out adding 1).

**** On top it .... there is no e-mail or phone call yet from ooma about any changes or updates in my account. It is me who is calling them every now and then..

So so frustrated...
#38300 by Vayu
Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 am
Wow! This forum works.....

Something happened to my account now. They have disabled the page which shows 'Account -> Services'. Though, Still my service level is Core.

Now, it is giving following error:

We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page.

If this page continues to appear, please contact Ooma Support. You can also report this issue in the Ooma Forum.
#38867 by funone46
Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:15 pm
I had the same issues. Bobby B. jumped on it the other day and turns out they needed to create a new account to make it active. He had a few people work on it and with in hours it was complete . And now have lifetime premier
#38870 by bw1
Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm
Rene wrote:
funone46 wrote:..... And now have lifetime premier

What does lifetime Premier cost?

$350

Rene wrote:What does lifetime basic cost?

Free!

* both are for the lifetime of the device, not your lifetime.
#38874 by dsinternet
Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:59 pm
bw1 wrote:
Rene wrote:
funone46 wrote:..... And now have lifetime premier

What does lifetime Premier cost?

$350

Rene wrote:What does lifetime basic cost?

Free!

* both are for the lifetime of the device, not your lifetime.

Almost free for basic
Free U.S. Calling offer does not include broadband Internet service and certain other taxes and charges. A fee for regulatory recovery and other costs of $11.75 per year applies in the second year and beyond and is subject to change.
Does Premier need to pay the $11.75 or is it included?
#38892 by bw1
Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:35 am
dsinternet wrote:Almost free for basic
Free U.S. Calling offer does not include broadband Internet service and certain other taxes and charges. A fee for regulatory recovery and other costs of $11.75 per year applies in the second year and beyond and is subject to change.

You're right, there is that fee after the first year. Yes, it still applies even if you have Premier.
#38953 by mhowie
Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:18 pm
bw1 wrote:
dsinternet wrote:Almost free for basic

You're right, there is that fee after the first year. Yes, it still applies even if you have Premier.

Unless one purchased the Hub/Scout Combination Product...these customers will not be charged this fee. For details, see: https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/
#39513 by Vayu
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:10 pm
I just came back from holiday vacation and now things have changed a lot..

- My online password has changed. No issues.. I've reset it.
- Now, it is treating me as a new subscriber.
- Instead of Showing me a Buy-out customer, it is showing my status as Premier trial (60 Days)

Wow! it is interesting..

I dialed ooma Customer service number and no one is picking up the call since last 30 mins....

Still waiting for the response.. No doubt.. it is worst possible customer-service.. till now no email communication or a phone call from ooma (they made so many changes in my account.. and no updates from them..)

Shame on them....

Till now I was just saying good words about ooma to every one.. but, this is height of worst customer service... not feeling like to recommend any one .. just because of the horrible customer service and the way handle accounts and requests..

BAD BAD BAD...
Last edited by Vayu on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.