Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#37561 by daet
Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:37 pm
As the subject says. I just enabled 10-digit dialing, but when I dial with just 10 digits, I get an instant busy signal. Dialing with a prefix of "1" works fine.

I did wait 10 minutes after changing the preference, which should have given the system enough time to process my request.

DG
#37591 by daet
Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:44 am
daet wrote:As the subject says. I just enabled 10-digit dialing, but when I dial with just 10 digits, I get an instant busy signal. Dialing with a prefix of "1" works fine.

I did wait 10 minutes after changing the preference, which should have given the system enough time to process my request.

DG

This happens with both the Telo and the Hub. So it appears to be a My Ooma problem, and not a problem with the Telo or Hub. Also, the Hub and Telo accounts are independent of each other, so I don't think it is an account specific problem.

Can someone look into this? Thanks .....

DG
#44723 by cjh43
Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:42 am
I've also experienced problems with 10 digit dialing. Finally, someone at Ooma CS just last week dug a little deeper and informed me that the feature was not available in all states (huh?); apparently WI is one of those, and I was advised to disable the feature and am now using my phone as I did when I had a landline, i.e., dialing a 1 and the area code when calling long distance, using 7 digits for local calls. Can anyone else confirm the CS info sited above?