Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#37086 by capecodfam
Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 pm
I do not have a landline.

I was a vonage customer who switched to ooma. Caller ID did work with vonage through the satellite TV and my GE dect 6.0 phones. I have exact same setup with ooma and now caller id only works on the tv and sporadically on one phone. The second phone never displays.

For what it's worth, I just received my telo and installed a week ago. I have it behind my router and the phone port is connected to my whole house wiring so each jack is lit up. (I disconnected the phone company's network interface device years ago). I am porting my old number over. However, cid doesn't work no matter if i call my temp number or vonage number (which I have forwarding to my temp number).

I can't figure out why it would work with the satellite and not the phones. Especially, since it did work with vonage perfectly.
#37089 by murphy
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:00 pm
Do you have any old style phones connected, the type with an actual bell?
Your phone devices, including the satellite TV, can not exceed a total load of 5 REN.
The REN number should be on the label of each phone.
#37093 by capecodfam
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:07 pm
no old phones.

I have 2 satellite receivers and a dect 6.0 phone wired to the phone jacks. I also have one more 6.0 dect that is wireless back to the base unit. All of the devices are less than 2 years old.

still not sure why all worked with vonage and not with ooma. All I did was swap out the vonage adapter with the telo unit and it is connect the same exact way as before.

Thanks