Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#40239 by JustDad
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 am
So just so I understand, once "Contacts" is fully implemented my caller ID will include names I have inserted into my Contacts list, including cell phones? If so, how will it interact with caller ID numbers that already include names (as in non-cell phone calls)?
#40270 by murphy
Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 am
I would expect it to display the name you have entered and ignore the incoming CNAME just like most cordless phones do.
#43062 by acciaigf
Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:52 pm
I realize folks are pretty busy recovering from the outage this afternoon, but how is Contacts coming along? - I see the "export" got added to the Contacts beta a few weeks back, but what I REALLY, REALLY wanting was the "import function".. Doesn't need to be fancy and import from various PIMS, Google Contacts, Outlook, etc - just import from CSV and I get the data in the required format - but until we have ANY form of import, it's sort of useless, as I'm not retyping hundreds of contacts...

Even better is when it can get into the handset, but for now, any update on the ETA or details around contacts? I assumed once CES was over, that this would get "wrapped up" - Not one to be impatient, but CES has been over for about 2 weeks..

A roadmap of when you at least plan to get to some of the loose ends (GV integration, Contacts in MyOoma, Contacts in Handset, IPhone app, etc...) - Having some approximate dates (by month), might makes folks a bit more patient rather than everyone expecting "their favorite feature" tomorrow, as I'm sure this things are being somewhat worked on sequentially...

Thanks for any insights you can share.
#43066 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 pm
And on any roadmap, it'd be nice to see whether each item applies to just the Telo, just the Hub/Core, or both.
#43313 by JTalbert
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 am
I will be happy to see my online contacts get downloaded to my Ooma handset. Right now its not a huge deal, I have not had my number ported yet, should be done next week, but a comment was made a while ago this should be done by end of year I thought I read and still no updates.
#105244 by joelb
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 pm
What is the status on the separate contact lists for each device? Having one shared contact list among personal devices defeats the purpose of a personal device.