Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#37342 by Mike-o-Matic
Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:35 am
jtykal wrote:I'd like to see an "Add to Contacts" option in the call log.

That would be useful! The one thing I'm most likely to foul up is the entry of the person's phone number (by fat-fingering it). A one-click to start their contacts entry would eliminate this potential goof.
#37348 by Bobby B
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 am
Export to Outlook 2007 csv should work in the next release (due out today or tomorrow). Importing from Outlook 2007 csv is coming soon. The nice thing about the csv format is that it most other address books support it.

We should support direct importing from some of the services you mention below in the near future.

cclauset wrote:
A nice feature to the "Contacts" would be an Import/Export tool.

I'd argue that import/export is essential feature. What might be nice would be directly importing from various other online address books (Facebook, Gmail/Yahoo!/Hotmail/AOL, Plaxo, etc.) in addition to a standard CSV upload.
#37349 by Bobby B
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:40 am
This should be available in the release coming out today or tomorrow.

jtykal wrote:I'd like to see an "Add to Contacts" option in the call log.
#37371 by t4feb
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 pm
I have noticed that in the contact book that if you add a contact the contact will also show up in the scout numbers contact book. I went into my ooma and signed in to the main number and added a contact to the contact book. I signed out and went to the my ooma for the scout and noticed that the contact was also in there. Is this a bug? or is that the way its going to be.
#37373 by Mike-o-Matic
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 pm
(RE: New features)...
Bobby B wrote:This should be available in the release coming out today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Bobby, looking forward to it!!
#37374 by Bobby B
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:45 pm
Right now it's just one contact list shared across all the devices in your system. We plan to support personal account and per-handset contact lists in a future release.
#37377 by t4feb
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 pm
Thanks Bobby
#37716 by etyler007
Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:03 pm
cclauset wrote:
A nice feature to the "Contacts" would be an Import/Export tool.

I'd argue that import/export is essential feature. What might be nice would be directly importing from various other online address books (Facebook, Gmail/Yahoo!/Hotmail/AOL, Plaxo, etc.) in addition to a standard CSV upload.

You are absolutely correct. I was just shooting for the basics. Anything is better that doing one by one.

:D
#40146 by jasonsolarek
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:12 pm
how do i sync my online contacts to my phone? i have one contact (woohoo), and i'd love to see this show up on my ooma telo so that i know it works, and i'll enter more. thanks for your help on this- jason, nyc
#40150 by murphy
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:39 pm
jasonsolarek wrote:how do i sync my online contacts to my phone? i have one contact (woohoo), and i'd love to see this show up on my ooma telo so that i know it works, and i'll enter more. thanks for your help on this- jason, nyc

It hasn't been implemented yet. Contacts is still in beta.