Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#36835 by Mike-o-Matic
Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 pm
A raise on that limit would probably not cause an unduly large increase in IT resources. I bet after a few hundred people claim that's not high enough, they'll raise it. Hmm... good suggestion for the "improvements" forum ... where did I see that...

In the meantime though, I'm thinking their developers have higher priorities! Would be nice if they'd get the "delete blacklist entry" bug fixed though! It would partially alleviate this situation if you could at least zap old entries to free up a slot.

EDIT: Addendum: I also believe I read somewhere, that customer support can remove old numbers if you contact them. If so, there's always that option.
#36864 by Mike-o-Matic
Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:51 pm
whn, try deleting a blacklisted number in My Ooma again. No call to support necessary - It looks like this bug has been fixed!

Full steps for those not already familiar:
1. Log into My Ooma.
2. Go to the Preferences tab.
3. Click Blacklists in the menu on the left.
4. Click the number you want to eliminate.
5. Click delete.

The popup box should say "Manage Blacklist Item" with a green box below that, which says "blacklist item successfully deleted." And, your blacklist should automatically refresh (with the deleted item gone) within a few seconds.

Slick as ya please! :D
#36970 by whn
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:32 pm
Mike-o-Matic wrote:whn, try deleting a blacklisted number in My Ooma again. No call to support necessary - It looks like this bug has been fixed!

Full steps for those not already familiar:
1. Log into My Ooma.
2. Go to the Preferences tab.
3. Click Blacklists in the menu on the left.
4. Click the number you want to eliminate.
5. Click delete.

The popup box should say "Manage Blacklist Item" with a green box below that, which says "blacklist item successfully deleted." And, your blacklist should automatically refresh (with the deleted item gone) within a few seconds.

Slick as ya please! :D

Thanks, I can delete numbers now

Hopefully, they can just raise the limit to 256