Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#35512 by VicMatson
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:01 am
I have multi ring set to ring my Ooma line and my cell phone. What can I undo so that I don't have to press 1 to answer? I have a smartphone that make it difficult to bring up a dialer in real time, and it prevents me from using my bluetooth to answer calls while thew phone is in my pocket.

Google voice had this same issue and Google fixed it.
#35609 by VicMatson
Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:36 pm
Thanks, but that's just great and so very dangerous. Will someone have to get killed by Oomas 1 feature while driving for them to give it more of a priority? I can't believe Google would allow this when their extensions arrives.
#35649 by bw1
Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:50 pm
VicMatson wrote:Thanks, but that's just great and so very dangerous. Will someone have to get killed by Oomas 1 feature while driving for them to give it more of a priority? I can't believe Google would allow this when their extensions arrives.

That discussion has taken place as well.
I suggest you read this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1861&p=19183#p19183
#35652 by VicMatson
Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:20 pm
Rhetoric I agree, but nothing there, I fear, stopping legal battles. When Google bought GrandCentral(now Google voice) they solved the problem with some computer logic code. It might even be free in Google's Web Toolkit.

Turn off call presentation to answer a call directly, without hearing the call presentation audio prompts (i.e., "Press 1 to accept..").

If you have several forwarding phones, the first that picks up will get the call. Should a voicemail system pick up, the message will not appear in your Google Voice inbox. Learn more
#35735 by Bobby B
Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:40 pm
We're tracking this internally in bug 6168 - 'Need a way for users to disable "press 1 to accept this call" on forwarded and Multi-Ring calls'. The work for it is partially complete - we're just waiting on some of our Engineering resources to free up to complete the rest of the feature.
#35736 by VicMatson
Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:09 pm
Bobby B wrote:We're tracking this internally in bug 6168 - 'Need a way for users to disable "press 1 to accept this call" on forwarded and Multi-Ring calls'. The work for it is partially complete - we're just waiting on some of our Engineering resources to free up to complete the rest of the feature.
Great to hear, and Just as I was going to offer my services! J/K.

It's been a double ding-er day, my ported number is showing in my phone numbers as of today. Now on to Contact importing being added in my Ooma.
#35998 by adkguy
Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 am
BobbyB: "We're tracking this internally in bug 6168 - 'Need a way for users to disable "press 1 to accept this call" on forwarded and Multi-Ring calls'. The work for it is partially complete - we're just waiting on some of our Engineering resources to free up to complete the rest of the feature."

Any idea when this fix might be available?
#38696 by VicMatson
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:27 pm
Any updates, and is there a post of known bugs? Bug 6168 for example? I don't know how long I can keep this up 90% of my calls are answered on my cellphone, and with the new touch screens and the sun it is a pain!