Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#35038 by AustinOomaUser
Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:23 pm
Hi, I hope one of you Ooma veterans can help.

I've had my Hub with Core service for 18 months with no problems. But a couple of days ago the Hub apparently just broke down. The Ooma tab is blinking red and the 1-2 and play-forward forward lights are red.

My Internet service is fine. I'm hopeful that this is not a Hub hardware failure, and that the Hub can be reset somehow.

Has this happened to any of you, and if so what did you do?

Many thanks.
#35044 by Groundhound
Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:23 pm
AustinOomaUser wrote:Thanks for responding.

I live in a condo with built-in ethernet-style wall connection for Internet, which is included in my HOA. So my set up is simply wall outlet to Hub modem port via ethernet cable, with phone attached to the Hub. I have tried but cannot access http://setup.ooma.com.

Hmmm, that's a new one. Somewhere upstream of you - perhaps in your HOA's network closet - is a router; my first suspicions are with some sort of port blocking associated with that. The other concern is that you can't access setup. Is your computer connected to your Hub's home port?
#35046 by AustinOomaUser
Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:54 pm
You're right. There is a router in my closet. It's full of various wires and flashing lights but all I'm comfortable doing is cutting the power and then restoring. I've done that already, hoping it would "reset" things. It did not.

The computer is in another room from the Hub, plugged into the same type of wall ethernet port.

This set-up was not addressed in the Ooma user guide scenarios, but I made it work thru trial and error and it's been fine up till now.
#35052 by WayneDsr
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:40 pm
Connect a pc to the HOME port on the ooma hub. You can access setup.ooma.com from the browser of that pc. You may have to reboot the pc (or laptop) for the ooma hub to assign the pc/laptop an ip.

Is it a router in your closet or a switch? If it is a switch, there must be a router somewhere in the apartment complex. Possibly they made some changes and blocked ports? You may have to contact who ever might be in charge and ask.

Wayne
#35096 by AustinOomaUser
Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:18 am
Thanks, Wayne and Groundhound. The setup page loaded and I am there now. Any pointers on what I should be looking for? Here is what it's telling me:

Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Registering, please wait...
Phone Line: No phone line detected, check the phone line is properly connected.
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled
#35099 by AustinOomaUser
Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:28 am
Yes. Here's the complete status report:

Device Status - Rev: 27712.27712

Network
MODEM: Connected : [206.174.249.188]
HOME: Connected : [172.27.35.1]
Ooma Tunnel: Disconnected
Services
Telephony: 51 - Running
DNS: 46 - Running
Web Server: 48 - Running
VPN: 601 - Running
Free: 38380
#35103 by dknyinva
Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:12 pm
Try a diff ethernet outlet connection. My brother setup is this way. The entire house is wired via ethernet and all he has to do is plug the ooma hub into one of the ethernet outlet and it comes up working. Make sure the ethernet outlet is "live"