Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#34712 by Rodeo1016
Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:15 am
I had my number ported on the 24th and now I dont get the CID. I never had the Telo hooked into the landline. I have gotten two CID's out of 30 or so calls. Tried with my cell phone and got one CID one time but every other time the CID displayed "No Data". Is this an issue until my old landline provider closes the old account or something else? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
#34724 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:01 am
Rodeo1016 wrote:I had my number ported on the 24th and now I dont get the CID. I never had the Telo hooked into the landline. I have gotten two CID's out of 30 or so calls. Tried with my cell phone and got one CID one time but every other time the CID displayed "No Data". Is this an issue until my old landline provider closes the old account or something else? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If your port is complete your old landline account should already be closed. I'd give them a call and confirm.
#36101 by Rodeo1016
Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:50 pm
Called the old landline company,and the account has been closed for over a week. Still I don't have incoming CID. Works fine going out but not in. Another thing I noticed is sometimes the phone will light up and display "No Data" as if a call is coming in but no ringing and call log shows no call. Its like the Ooma telo just reconnected or something. I have my system hooked up modem->Ooma->router. Any ideas?
#36109 by murphy
Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:31 am
Did you disconnect the old land line from the Wall jack on the ooma?
#36300 by Rodeo1016
Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:48 pm
The Ooma telo is going straight to the cordless phone base. Never had Ooma connected to the landline. Found that if I call from my cell phone, let it ring, hang up then call back the CID works. Almost like there is something in the system sending the CID after the line is "awake".
#36311 by murphy
Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am
Are you answering too soon? CID information is transmitted between the first and second ring. You must let the phone ring twice to receive CID information.