Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#34408 by Jimmy
Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:41 pm
I've got couple of pesky telemarketers (or probably scammers) who would call relentlessly. Since I ported my number to Ooma, I don't see that they have called at all. Obviously I blocked their numbers but see nothing in the log. Do blocked calls get logged? If so, did they just take a break or is there some other logical explanation, maybe having to do with the number being ported, that would get them off my back? Not that I'm complaining, just curious.
#34493 by whn
Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:04 am
Jimmy wrote:I've got couple of pesky telemarketers (or probably scammers) who would call relentlessly. Since I ported my number to Ooma, I don't see that they have called at all. Obviously I blocked their numbers but see nothing in the log. Do blocked calls get logged? If so, did they just take a break or is there some other logical explanation, maybe having to do with the number being ported, that would get them off my back? Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

they dont show in your logs , your blocked calls, I wish they did, as an optional feature you can toggle on and off, that would be cool.

Its also good to know who keeps calling past any notices you have already sent them to cease calling, that way you can sue them for FDCPA violations per call they make past your certified letter to them.

so seeing a blocked call list would be great.
#34509 by Jimmy
Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:33 am
they dont show in your logs , your blocked calls, I wish they did, as an optional feature you can toggle on and off, that would be cool.

Its also good to know who keeps calling past any notices you have already sent them to cease calling, that way you can sue them for FDCPA violations per call they make past your certified letter to them.

so seeing a blocked call list would be great.

WOW! I really didn't expect that to be the answer. They really should be appear in the log. Otherwise it's not really a true log. I'd like to see them, if for no other reason then to get a little warm feeling knowing that their call didn't make it through.