Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#34313 by in2dadark
Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:42 pm
My hub phone works fine and my scout phone works fine. But he jacks don't work unless there is either a hub or a scout plugged into them first. I tested my scout jack by unplugging the scout and then just plugging the phone straight in and NOTHING. I plugged back in the scout and the phone worked fine. I have another home I live in seasonally and all the jacks work with and without a scout. And I had no problem setting up the service in that house.

Any ideas on what the problem might be..? Thanks
#34344 by southsound
Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:46 pm
I'm going to make some guesses here since you didn't provide a lot of information. First off, I assume you are using cable and not DSL. If that is the case, I will also assume that you have connected the wall ports on both the hub and the scout to the existing wiring. That would give you the results you currently experience. If you want to fire up the rest of the jacks for regular phones without using a scout, just use a splitter (single line - not a two line variety) to connect both the wall and phone jacks on the hub to the existing wiring. That will allow both the scout and regular telephones to work. If you have DSL reply back and I can give you some additional advice. :cool:
#34476 by in2dadark
Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:01 pm
southsound wrote:I'm going to make some guesses here since you didn't provide a lot of information. First off, I assume you are using cable and not DSL. If that is the case, I will also assume that you have connected the wall ports on both the hub and the scout to the existing wiring. That would give you the results you currently experience. If you want to fire up the rest of the jacks for regular phones without using a scout, just use a splitter (single line - not a two line variety) to connect both the wall and phone jacks on the hub to the existing wiring. That will allow both the scout and regular telephones to work. If you have DSL reply back and I can give you some additional advice. :cool:

Thanks. This was a basic setup issue that i should have just looked up before I did it again. After using it for 6 months up north I guess I thought I was an expert and didn't need to look up the basic set up procedure.
#34480 by Leeway
Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:10 pm
in2dadark wrote: This was a basic setup issue that i should have just looked up before I did it again. After using it for 6 months up north I guess I thought I was an expert and didn't need to look up the basic set up procedure.

I hear you !!! I hooked up a hub for my son yesterday. I didn't bother to look at the directions because I had one for nearly a year & it is so simple, you just think you know exactly what to do.... Wrong!! Open book and read step one then smak yourself in the head.

Glad you got it and believe me I understand.

Donna