Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#34139 by MsCoulter
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:16 pm
I'm very glad to be here and cannot wait for my number to port over so I can say goodby to my Verizon landline. I have had this POTS landline for over 23 years and did not want to give up the phone number. I bought the ooma hub with scout. I was told that they both have to be connected to phone jacks in order for the scout to function. It seems to work perfectly with a temporary phone number. Getting the rest of the house phones connected may be a challenge, but certainly worthwhile.

I think that so far, the ooma is amazing. I also received amazing tech support today when I had difficulty with the LOA porting form. I hope that the porting goes smoothly from here on out. If not, I am confident I can count on ooma support for assistance.
#34141 by Aveamantium
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:25 pm
Let me be the first to say welcome! Lots of nice folks here always willing to help!!
#34146 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 pm
Nice to meet you and welcome! I too was a POTS owner for about the same amount of time and almost a year ago I said my goodbyes. It seems the longer you've been dishing out money to POTS the more you appreciate the Ooma experience.
If you have any issues with your new hub please come here and ask for help, we have a great group of people here, including Aveamantium, whom you've already had the pleasure to meet.

Wayne
#34250 by MsCoulter
Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:06 pm
Thank you very much for the kind replies.

I was wondering why I seem to have the premier service even though I didn't order it or agree to a trial. I was able to get a separate dial tone when I picked up an extension on the scout.

Also, my fax machine is in another room so I was planning to run about a 25 ft line through the basement (using the ooma splitter) from the hub to my fax machine. Do you think that will work? I read that putting a scout there will not work. I am waiting on the transfer of my POTS number before doing anything.

Thanks again! :)
#34283 by murphy
Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:54 am
MsCoulter wrote:I was wondering why I seem to have the premier service even though I didn't order it or agree to a trial. I was able to get a separate dial tone when I picked up an extension on the scout.

The Premier trial is automatic for everyone. It doesn't require you to agree.
#34301 by hpepper
Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 am
MsCoulter wrote:I'm very glad to be here and cannot wait for my number to port over so I can say goodby to my Verizon landline. I have had this POTS landline for over 23 years and did not want to give up the phone number. I bought the ooma hub with scout. I was told that they both have to be connected to phone jacks in order for the scout to function. It seems to work perfectly with a temporary phone number. Getting the rest of the house phones connected may be a challenge, but certainly worthwhile.

I think that so far, the ooma is amazing. I also received amazing tech support today when I had difficulty with the LOA porting form. I hope that the porting goes smoothly from here on out. If not, I am confident I can count on ooma support for assistance.

I too would like to welcome you to no-more-phone-bills!

I used to also be a long time POTS user but now I am a happy PANS user! (PANS = Pretty Amazing New Stuff) :D
#34314 by in2dadark
Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 pm
MsCoulter wrote:Thank you very much for the kind replies.

I was wondering why I seem to have the premier service even though I didn't order it or agree to a trial. I was able to get a separate dial tone when I picked up an extension on the scout.

Also, my fax machine is in another room so I was planning to run about a 25 ft line through the basement (using the ooma splitter) from the hub to my fax machine. Do you think that will work? I read that putting a scout there will not work. I am waiting on the transfer of my POTS number before doing anything.

I use my fax from the splitter on my ooma hub and it works great. Just be sure to dial *99 first.
#35915 by MsCoulter
Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:15 pm
in2dadark wrote:
MsCoulter wrote:Thank you very much for the kind replies.

I use my fax from the splitter on my ooma hub and it works great. Just be sure to dial *99 first.

Thanks for the advice...can't wait!
#36055 by tommies
Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 pm
murphy wrote:
MsCoulter wrote:I was wondering why I seem to have the premier service even though I didn't order it or agree to a trial. I was able to get a separate dial tone when I picked up an extension on the scout.

Yes, at the end of the free trial, it will kick in month by month premier at $9.99, so if you don't want it, be sure to cancel.
#36061 by MsCoulter
Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:22 pm
tommies wrote:
murphy wrote:

Yes, at the end of the free trial, it will kick in month by month premier at $9.99, so if you don't want it, be sure to cancel.

How and where do I cancel?