Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#33660 by RealDave
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm
a forwarded call? I'm being completely serious. What feature does it offer? What purpose does it serve? (other than being a huge annoyance and breaking "true" call forwarding)

I've read here that this should be removed by the end of the year.
#33661 by murphy
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 pm
If you don't press 1 and answer the call, ooma doesn't have to pay a connection charge (or maybe a smaller one) to the called phone company.
#33798 by greenwing
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:14 am
This actually makes receiving some calls dangerous...i.e. I use multi-ring sometimes...Yesterday I had telo set to ring my cell at the same time as my home...

Telo worked and called my cell number when someone called my home number...I tried answering and it said to press 1...When your driving down the road you can't be bringing up the keyboard and entering crap on the keypad just to answer a call...

Is there a way to turn this off?

Poor design...
#33856 by MikeekiM
Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:49 pm
I like it...and hate it at the same time...

I hate it because when I am on the road and my phone rings, my BT enabled GPS tells me that I have a call, but I can't answer it because I need to grab the phone and press 1... Annoying...

I like it because when I am out and about and my phone rings, and I answer and hear the ooma tone, I know that it's ringing in my house and can decide to hang up and either let it roll to VM, or let whoever is at home answer it... If I don't hear the ooma tone, then someone is calling my cell phone directly, and I don't mind taking the call...
#33860 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 pm
Ooma's said they will make it optional at some point, in the meantime if you want call forwading (no multi-ring) without the need to press 1, you can set it to forward on network outage and then just disconnect your Ooma before you leave your home. Not a satisfactory long-term solution but if you're going to be away for awhile it's an ok workaround until Ooma offers the option on muti-ring.