Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#33632 by wayogzz
Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:20 am
Hello, I've searched the forums and found similar cases, but solutions provided don't seem to fix my problem.
I just created a Scout as a personal device, when I logon to My Ooma with the Scout #/pwd, I get the following messages:
For Voicemail: Inbox is currently unavailable, please try again later
For Blacklist and other features: We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page.
When I call my 2nd number (Scout) and let it ring I get a recording asking for my number with area code, then asks for a PIN, but no matter what I enter it does not take it.
This setup was done yesterday, restarted hub/scout, but still can't get this to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Eduardo
#33642 by murphy
Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:20 am
Pick up the phone connected to the scout and press the play button on the scout. Follow the prompts to set up the voice mail for the scout number.
#33652 by wayogzz
Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 am
Thank you for the reply - I tried this and here is what happens:
* Prompts to enter area code and number then #
* Prompts to enter PIN then #
* Tells me the PIN is invalid

I tried reseting the Scout by disconnecting for some time, reconnect while holding the tab and wait for it to turn blue, as suggested in another topic, but I still get that my PIN is invalid; I tried the PIN I use for the main Hub number, and other combinations, such as 1234, 0000, etc, still won't take the PIN.

I will call CS to see if they have other suggestions.

Thank you,
Eduardo
#33654 by murphy
Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:00 am
You can change the pin for the scout under the main number log in.

However, you may have the same problem encountered by many others. The serial number on the bottom of the scout may not be the correct serial number for your scout. Ask CS to verify that the serial number they see for your scout is the same as what is printed on the bottom of your scout.
#33674 by wayogzz
Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 pm
murphy wrote:You can change the pin for the scout under the main number log in.

However, you may have the same problem encountered by many others. The serial number on the bottom of the scout may not be the correct serial number for your scout. Ask CS to verify that the serial number they see for your scout is the same as what is printed on the bottom of your scout.

I called CS and gave me the same isntructions you mentioned, and was told they'd look into it and would call me on my mobile in a few minutes as they may have to restart my services; I have not been called back in the last hour or so, but I assume they did something as I don't get the "We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page" message in any of the links, however, I still can't setup my VM.

You mentione that the pin for the scout can be changed from the main number loging, I have looked in all the links (I think..) I have available but don't see where to change this pin - do you recall where it's at?

I did no ask to verify my scout serial number as I called before reading your post; will try that next.

Thanks for your help so far.
Eduardo
#33678 by murphy
Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:59 pm
Go to Preferences, then to Phone Number.
Click on the name that you gave the scout.
That gets you the screen where the scout serial number is/was entered and assigns the pin for the scout.
#33679 by wayogzz
Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 pm
OK, after reading the instructions you gave another user in a different topic, same"ish" problem, I decided to delete my scout as a personal device, then recreate the whole setup; after powering off/on the devices, I was able to setup the VM for the scout.
I am not sure what I may have done wrong the first time, but this time it was as easy as I recall doing it for the hub.

Thank you so much for your help murphy!! :D :D
Eduardo