Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#33553 by ZedThou
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm
Not wanting yet another firewall on my network, I cannot seem to figure out how to disable this feature on the Telo. The Telo is sitting between my cable modem and wireless router, and the router is being assigned address 172.27.35.2, so in the Telo setup I go to "Advanced" and put that address in as the DMZ setting, but it still seems to be blocking incoming traffic. Am I doing something incorrectly?
#33554 by Aveamantium
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:36 pm
Looks correct but are you sure the router is getting 172.27.35.2? The default DHCP range of the Telo starts at 172.27.35.10 so unless you changed this, your router should not be getting 172.27.35.2.
#33555 by ZedThou
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm
Yes I changed the default settings for the dhcp range, and have confirmed the router's assigned address via its own web config interface thingamajig. Still cannot seem to get any traffic past the Telo, I've also tried setting up an explicit port forwarding rule for all TCP/UDP ports to be sent to 172.27.35.2 and that's not allowing anything past either.
#33556 by ZedThou
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:47 pm
Okay, think I've found my problem, it wasn't with the Telo after all, but something else (I knew that was going to be the case in the end!)
#33581 by oldanbo
Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:08 pm
ZedThou wrote:Okay, think I've found my problem, it wasn't with the Telo after all, but something else (I knew that was going to be the case in the end!)

Please share what you found. It may help others. :)
#33611 by ZedThou
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 am
It was just a stupid mistake on my part. My router does a DynDNS lookup update when its IP address changes, and of course after putting the router behind the Telo the lookup won't make any sense from the perspective of the outside world. So when I was trying to initiate an ssh (e.g.) connection from the outside to my DynDNS hostname, it was resolving to 172.27.135.2, which is not going to end well. Anyway, it would be nice if the Telo also had the DynDNS feature. I would instead put the Telo behind the router, which has QoS configuration option, but the first time I tried that there was some sort of incompatibility that caused the router to go haywire.