Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#33998 by southsound
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:00 pm
turtlebud wrote:I currently have the core ooma plan and plan on upgrading to the premier annual plan. I'd like to get the free teleo handset (don't need a number port), but I don't see that option when I select the annual plan. Where can I specify that I'd like the teleo handset?

The Telo handset would not do you much good if you have the core system which is the hub and scout package that preceded the new Telo. The Telo itself is the DECT 6.0 base station for the new handsets. Without the Telo itself, your handset will not work. However, if you are upgrading to the new Telo, then the free handset is a great value.
#33999 by turtlebud
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm
southsound wrote:
turtlebud wrote:I currently have the core ooma plan and plan on upgrading to the premier annual plan. I'd like to get the free teleo handset (don't need a number port), but I don't see that option when I select the annual plan. Where can I specify that I'd like the teleo handset?

The Telo handset would not do you much good if you have the core system which is the hub and scout package that preceded the new Telo. The Telo itself is the DECT 6.0 base station for the new handsets. Without the Telo itself, your handset will not work. However, if you are upgrading to the new Telo, then the free handset is a great value.

Yes, that is my plan - to upgrade to the telo and upgrade to premier.
#34000 by southsound
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 pm
I don't see it on the my ooma upgrade page so I would suggest that you do the upgrade through the customer service number. Quite a few folks have already received their handsets by upgrading, but I understand that he handsets may be backordered until December 1. Remember that the core package would make a wonderful gift for someone this Christmas season. I believe that there is a $59 charge to reassign the system to another person, but I think you would make someone very happy by putting an ooma system under their tree! Just a caution - if you are currently using two wired lines with your hub/scout package, consider that the Telo only allows access to the second line through the handsets. Not a problem for most folks, but if you were beyond DECT 6.0 range and needed access, it would have to be from the phone port on the Telo which only supplies access to one wired line. Hope this helps! :cool: