Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#108972 by MapleOne
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 am
I can understand your response but It's not about heavy handed. It's when a topic can no longer be productive and it turns into a situation that cannot be rectified on a public forum then its time to shut it down.
Last edited by MapleOne on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#108973 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 am
dknyinva wrote:Cable or TV service - strictly Internet using Logitech Revue and Sony Internet ready FREE

Perhaps you can share more info/experience on OT - Being Frugal.
#108974 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm
MapleOne wrote:I can understand your response but It's not about heavy handed. It's when a topic can no longer be productive and it turns into a situation that cannot be rectified on a public forum then its time to shut it down.

I see what you mean but as long as this thread doesn't turn into a hissing contest, it would serve some value to future readers that somehow hook this thread after a search. Particularly, balanced view should be presented about cable triple play by what has been talked about as well example links like this: http://www.savingadvice.com/forums/frug ... -play.html
#108977 by MapleOne
Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:10 pm
I agree completely

The main point being is that the board needs moderators to say exactly what you just said. Someone to reason and keep things on topic so that we do not get into hissing contests. When someones unit fails and they are out money they understandably get upset, but hashing it out on a public forum has no positive impact on current or future customers.

A moderator should respond and say "PM sent" I will see if I can address the situation with customer service for you.

Professional done and hopefully solved.
#108992 by domm
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:22 am
MapleOne wrote:I agree completely

The main point being is that the board needs moderators to say exactly what you just said. Someone to reason and keep things on topic so that we do not get into hissing contests. When someones unit fails and they are out money they understandably get upset, but hashing it out on a public forum has no positive impact on current or future customers.

A moderator should respond and say "PM sent" I will see if I can address the situation with customer service for you.

Professional done and hopefully solved.

I vote this forum subject be left open & a new subject be opened where you two can discuss moderator issues.
#109001 by holmes4
Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 pm
As someone who has been through four different VoIP services, I want to observe that every service has its fans and detractors. For reasons not completely clear to me, some services work very well for some customers, not well for others. Is there a relationship to ISP, hardware (router, etc.), numbers called and called from? All of the above?

Furthermore, I observe that a service that works fine at point-in-time A may degrade later. Or the opposite can happen. If there was one perfect service, none of the others would be in business.

Ooma is the first service I have used that has its own custom adapter, rather than using generic voice adapters, with encryption and higher-quality compression. I admit I have not been with Ooma very long (about a month, I think), but so far my experience is positive. More important, my wife, who was constantly griping about my previous service, has only good things to say about her experience using Ooma.

I just hope I can stay this positive a year or two down the road. But I sympathize with those who just haven't been able to make it work, for whatever reason.