Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#32526 by Wiz_Bang
Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:57 pm
Has anyone else experienced any issues with blocking your outgoing calls - caller ID on a Telo? I have contacted support regarding this issue with it enabled and not excepting *82 command to disable on a per call basis. I even removed the setting from Privacy Preferences to NOT block only to find it is still blocked. Right now my issue has been escalated to Tier 2 support and I am waiting for a call back to continue troubleshooting the problem.

I also noticed another issue with calling cells in particular AT&T. When I call a buddy of mine on his cell it ends up going to his voice mail and prompts me to enter a access code for his voice mail box if he doesn't answer??? This isn't the only cell service that has strange issues with voice mail. When calling my own service through Verizon and letting it go to voice mail I only hear the tone to leave a message. It on occasion gets cut off with only few words, then beep to leave a message.

Anyone else seen this type of strange behavior with there Telo?
#32527 by WayneDsr
Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:00 pm
I would guess the issue with the cell phone may be the Ooma Connect Tone interfering with the call. The Connect Tone is the little musical tone you get when the person you're calling answers the phone.
Go to my.ooma.com and disable Connect Tone.

Wayne
#32611 by Wiz_Bang
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:22 pm
Excellent Suggestion Wayne!

Removing the Ooma tone corrected the issue with AT&T and Verizon cells voice mail.

I am now waiting to hear back from CS on my issue with *82 and unblocking my caller ID for outgoing calls.
#32941 by Wiz_Bang
Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:55 pm
Called CS yesterday to verify status of fix. I was promised a call by COB yesterday, of course that did NOT happen. Called CS again today to check status. I was told there were no updates from second level engineering for the problem I reported to the first agent I spoke with today. I was placed on hold while the agent went to check with engineering only to be disconnected after 25 minutes on the phone. Grrrrrr! Called back again, this time I was told there were updates in the ticket from a new CS agent.

I explained again the problem, and that the Telo at this point is useless to me since I cannot unblock my outgoing caller ID. Agent assures me he will get answer to problem today, and would call me back once he receives it. I receive a call from agent about 1 hour later asking me if I could wait 11-12 days for the update to show my called ID. My reply "Are you kidding me" 11-12 days without service on my account for calling anyone who has anonymous call blocking enabled on there phones. Isn't that just about everyone these days? My reply was "NO I CANNOT" I do NOT think the agent fully understood the impact or the problem without being able to unblock my outgoing call ID. After explaining again I CANNOT place an outgoing call to anyone who has anonymous call backing enabled, which is just about everyone I know. I was told he "CS Agent" would have an update for me by COB today.

My analogy of the problem - You go a by a new car, the sales person hands you the keys you drive off and park the car at home. You wake up the next day and go out to start the car but it doesn't start. You call the dealer and they tell you, "there is a glitch in the cars computer module that won't let the car start". We are aware of the problem, but "can you wait 11-12 days before you try and drive the car"?

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
#32944 by Wilsonium
Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:16 pm
This may be a work around until the solution is fixed. Try dialing **0*82 followed by the number you're calling. This works for me. If you have a 2nd line then it's **1*82. The initial **0 or **1 selects the number you're calling from. **0 is your primary number while **1 is the 2nd number. I know it's a few more keys to press but I'm sure this will be resolved in an update soon.
#32947 by Wiz_Bang
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:46 pm
Thanks for the reply/suggestion!

Wish I could report that worked for me, but it did NOT nor was it suggested from Ooma CS staff. :( If I could find a work around until they corrected the problem I would be OK with that. My biggest concern is the lack of training and communication between CS staff, and the information transferred to me the customer. This is inconsistent and quite frustrating from my perspective. I realize Ooma is growing and maybe understaffed to handle the call volume their receiving, but that still is no excuse for bad CS service. One thing Ooma should understand, most of us purchase our equipment from a local retailer. There policy for returning electronics is 30 days, so barring that in mind Ooma has 30 days to address most of the concerns/problems reported otherwise face losing a lot of potential new customers. I hope someone from Ooma is reading this post :!: :!: :!: :!:
#33082 by Samurai
Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:49 pm
A few days ago I set up Ooma to not block my Caller ID but a short time ago I found out it did block it. I tried *82 and it worked - thanks to this forum. I didn't find anything in the FAQs or even in the Knowledge Base (searching for 'enable caller ID'. Good luck Wiz_Bang.

Samurai
#33400 by Wiz_Bang
Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 pm
Well the newest round of software was supposed to correct issues with unblocking caller ID and enabling the Telo handset pair with the Telo base. It has not corrected the issue for me with unblocking my outgoing caller ID, even when dialing *82 from the Telo handset. At least I can play with the handset, but still pretty much is a unless system for me until they fix/correct the outgoing caller ID problem. :x :x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests