Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#31926 by freaky
Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:56 pm
Hi, I turned on Community Black List and it turns out it blocked one of my telephone numbers, which gave the option to accept or send to voicemail. so, I went in to turn off the Community Black list and it is still sending the message "accept or send to voicemail. How long does it take the change and propagate throught the system? I can no longer get this call normally that I want without getting the black list messages. Please help. Thank You.
#31931 by freaky
Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 pm
Community Blacklist also blacklisted my google phone number and I can not reset or turn off the Community Balcklist feature. Please tell me how to do this. I cleared my cookies and reloaded the browser and rechecked myooma account. Nothing seems to be able to turn this feature off - please help, I like my google number and do want to have to accept or send to vm very time someone uses that number.
#32333 by freaky
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:16 pm
Apparent there is an incompatibility between ooma telco and google voice. I had no problerm with my google voice messages until I tunred on Community Blacklist in ooma telco, then I started getting the accept and send to vm message. What I did to fix the problem was erased my ooma telco phone as a phone to forward to in google voice, then I noticed that Call Presentation (under Calls) and Groups in Google Voice were set to on. They were not on before or I did not notice them before - but had no problem. Anyway I shut it off and now my google voice works fine and my ooma telco works fine. Now I am a happy camper, because the 2 things I like are my omma and my google voice. I used both, because I like my ooma as a device, but it does not have the freebie features that google has. I
#38098 by bw1
Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:14 pm
You should be able to just uncheck the box next to "Enable community blacklist" and then click Save.

I just tried it and it worked for me using the Firefox browser. What browser are you using?
#38137 by The Talker
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:36 pm
bw1 wrote:You should be able to just uncheck the box next to "Enable community blacklist" and then click Save.

I just tried it and it worked for me using the Firefox browser. What browser are you using?

I hadn't enabled it yet because of the comments above. I wanted to be sure there was an undo/uncheck function before making the selection.
#38165 by southsound
Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:59 pm
OK, totally off topic, but here goes. I've never owned a cat - really bad allergy that makes my lungs shut down and I've been told that not breathing is hazardous to one's health. But if anything ever made me even come close to wanting one it is Rene's awesome avatar. Totally cool. Maybe not quite as cool as a raccoon, but darn close. Right up there with Koala's avatar.

Let's hear it for cute and furry avatars! :P