Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#31223 by sdzc
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 pm
I have been trying to get a hold of someone a couple of times over the past couple of hours.

System hung up on me through the "Sales Inquiries" option, but only got references to the website and then it hung up.

Also tried #1 option, Tech support, had the background voice, then it went quiet and eventually hung up.

Kind of strange...

They should be open (as of right now) for another 10 minutes.
Last edited by sdzc on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#31413 by sdzc
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 pm
Never a big fan of bumping up your own post, but thought I would reply in this instance.

I did get ahold of someone tonight who was friendly (although the call center behind her was very busy (loud) and I am fairly certain she was not in the United States).

She was able to take care of my issue (porting) and all is well.

Just did not want my initial post to scare anyone off who is thinking of coming to Ooma. I am on day 2 and so far, so good.

Although I won't really be using the Ooma line until the Comcast # is ported.

Now to figure out if I can use/need the Scout as I have 8 Uniden cordless phones that all work in conjunction with 1 base unit. How to get that second line...
#31440 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Now to figure out if I can use/need the Scout as I have 8 Uniden cordless phones that all work in conjunction with 1 base unit. How to get that second line...

I placed my Scout next to the hub and connected them together using the WALL port on each. I have a second phone set attached to the Scout. I can place a call on my 1st set and someone else can place a call using the other set. Or if I'm on set one and a call comes in, set 2 connected to the Scout rings. Requires Premier Service.

Wayne