Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#30030 by cornellian
Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:47 pm
Hey All,

I noticed that Anonymous Call Block (ACB) has been changed to a Premier feature.

https://www.ooma.com/premier/features

My family members have been telling me some how all of a sudden the number of junk calls increased substantially in the past month, and sure enough, the option is disabled in the new version of the Lounge ("My Ooma").

This was supposed to be a core feature, and was one of the good reasons I took the plunge.
Proof of Bobby stating it was a core feature:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=325&p=1222

Any hope of getting this back for the core users? Thanks.
#30051 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:39 pm
Interesting. As a Premier user I hadn't noticed the change until I saw your post. I see also that it is no longer referred to as a "beta" feature in my.ooma. I guess when they took it out of beta they decided to make it a Premier feature.
#30168 by Bobby B
Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:41 pm
Anonymous Call Reject (previously called Anonymous Call Block) is available to Premier and Core users. It will not be available to Basic tier users.
#30172 by cornellian
Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 pm
When I login it says that my service level is core. However, under the privacy tab on the preferences menu, it lists it as an Ooma Premier feature and gives me no options. Is this glitch particular to me or all core users? (Sorry in advance if it only applied to me for some strange reason).
#31485 by bw1
Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 am
Looks like it's a glitch for you. You should see a "General" section with the ability to select a check box next to "Block display of my caller-ID for outgoing calls", a drop down for "Default number for outgoing calls" along with an "Anonymous Call Block" section with a check box next to "Enable anonymous call reject".
#31720 by cornellian
Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:03 pm
Weird. The issue is back again. When I login I get the same old message "Ooma Premier Feature: Enable anonymous call reject." It was fixed yesterday, I wonder why it's going back and forth.