Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#29817 by MartyxB
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:24 am
I have no problems making calls from my Ooma box - however I can't get any incoming calls. If I call from my Sprint cellphone I get a "The number or code that you have dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again" "Message 7 switch 740" at work I get a "Sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check your number and try again". I called Ooma tech support and they can dial my number, and I see it in the log. What gives?
#29819 by just4fn
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:44 am
Are you using the same sprint phone from work or are you using a work phone?
#29822 by MartyxB
Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:48 am
just4fn wrote:Are you using the same sprint phone from work or are you using a work phone?

Using the work phone.
#29824 by Groundhound
Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:01 pm
When you call from your Ooma line to your Sprint phone, is the caller ID number displayed on the Sprint handset what you expect?
#29828 by MartyxB
Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 pm
Groundhound wrote:When you call from your Ooma line to your Sprint phone, is the caller ID number displayed on the Sprint handset what you expect?

I placed my Ooma phone number in my phone's contact list and the Sprint cellphone picks up the correct contact. The caller ID also looks fine when I dial my home Voip (Viatalk - the line that I want to eventually have Ooma replace). In fact I just checked my Viatalk call log and I see the correct number and name for the test call that I did from my Ooma phone to my Viatalk home number.
#29920 by MartyxB
Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:19 pm
Just went to MyOoma and forwarded all calls to my house phone. I still get the "number or code that you have dialed is incorrect" when I dial from my Sprint cellphone and a fast busy signal when I call from my house phone and set the all calls forward to my cell phone. I have no idea what phone number Ooma gave me but external calls are not finding their way to the Ooma's servers. Maybe I should ask for a different phone number with a different exchange?
#29970 by bigneild
Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:43 am
I have the same problem and am getting no answers from tech suppport. How do you stop getting incoming phone calls ?
#29977 by MartyxB
Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:20 am
Called support, has been moved to level 2 tech support. I think it will be resolved soon, staff was courtious and responsive. I have a feeling that I got a bum number and will need a new one. No problem with this since I plan on porting my number once I feel confident with Ooma. So far I have no issues with outgoing calls.
#31201 by MartyxB
Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:27 pm
Last Thursday tech support called me and said that problem was resolved. Got home and all is fine! Many thanks! I can now proceed to forward my phone number to my Ooma box.