Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#29811 by cjones78
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:51 am
After I log into My Ooma, I have been moving voicemails that I've listened to from the Inbox to the Trash folder. Now I have over 3 pages worth of voicemails in the Trash folder and I am wondering how to permanently delete these messages. Or does an autmoatic delete occur like once a month, or something?
#29813 by murphy
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am
Place your cursor on the trash entry in the left column.
Observe a down arrow appear at the right side.
Click on the down arrow.
Click on empty.
#29886 by cjones78
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:29 pm
Thank you!! I kept clicking on the Trash link and not seeing anything, never thought to click the arrow next to the link!

Also, I learned today that if you delete new voicemails from within My Ooma when you're at work, they are no longer on your Telo when you get home from work! lol I had five voicemails today which I listened to and deleted at work and I was surprised when I came home and the 'Play' button on the Ooma was solid blue (no messages) and not flashing red (new messages). I even hit the Play button and it said no new messages.

I get voicemails emailed to me as attachments, but it's still good to know to if you deleted message on the website, they are deleted from Telo as well!
#29896 by Groundhound
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:44 pm
cjones78 wrote:I get voicemails emailed to me as attachments, but it's still good to know to if you deleted message on the website, they are deleted from Telo as well!

They're not stored on the Telo, only on Ooma's servers. The website and the Telo access the same data when a message is played.
#29900 by cjones78
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:49 pm
Groundhound wrote:They're not stored on the Telo, only on Ooma's servers. The website and the Telo access the same data when a message is played.

Maybe so. However, you can delete messages from the Telo by pressing the trash can icon, and those same messages will still be available in My Ooma. So I guess My Ooma is primary mode of deleting voicemails, not the Telo.
#30151 by cjones78
Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm
Groundhound wrote:Probably something they will fix before long.

I don't know if it's something that actually needs to be fixed. I was just posting more as an "FYI" for people just in case they might think the Telo acts like a real answering machine that stores messages until you delete them! :)