Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#29560 by whn
Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 pm
Guys, can YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD OOMA.com web design ???

Everything used to work fine.

I add a number to blacklist, it won't stay on blacklist, I log out, log back in and its gone from the list..

It wont stay in the black list numbers .

You need to do a visual confirmation that it was added, not just a spinning ball and the words LOADING.

Also numbers that should be blocked should have a RED circle, right now , its still blue.

Blue Crosses.jpg
Blue Crosses.jpg (11.61 KiB) Viewed 3575 times

CAN YOU PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD OOMA.com , please?

This is completely buggy.

It's been like this for 1 month now. It should at least say BETA on this site, there's some real issues in coding.

I sincerely think you have someone in your company doing this on purpose to sabotage your growth.

I care alot about OOMA and want it to succeed, these MY OOMA bugs are going to stall your growth eventually when average Joe and mom with little tech experience, will just give up on OOMA and go back to the Bell's for their home phone service because it's simple and it works.

MY.OOMA.com is too much in BETA for it to be out in public for average consumer to experience.

Please take this as constructive criticism.

Please implement the old OOMA interface, get rid of Ruby on Rails or at least make it BETA and invite some users to report bugs and work on fixing them.

Thanks!
#29625 by Bobby B
Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:08 pm
How many entries do you currently have on your blacklist? Right now there's a limit of 128 entries - if you're beyond that limit, the adding of more blacklist items might be failing.
#29680 by whn
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 pm
Bobby B wrote:How many entries do you currently have on your blacklist? Right now there's a limit of 128 entries - if you're beyond that limit, the adding of more blacklist items might be failing.

ahh, ok, this is interesting.

I didnt know there was a limit of 128.

I will check.

Such a weird number, is there a way to make it more? say 200?
#29683 by murphy
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:28 pm
whn wrote:Such a weird number, is there a way to make it more? say 200?

It's not weird at all. Computer systems are binary. 128 is seven twos multiplied together.
#29685 by southsound
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:31 pm
murphy wrote: It's not weird at all. Computer systems are binary. 128 is seven twos multiplied together.

When it comes to binary there are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand the concept and those who don't. :P
#31099 by whn
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:24 am
House Mom with 3 kids buying this, could care less about binary numbers.
Regular Joe who is buying this over ATT home phone, could care less about binary numbers.

thats the core consumer for ooma.

point being, Im glad OOMA does not go into explaining a reason behind 128 --- but at least mention this in the Terms of Service that the limit for blacklist is 128. To eliminate confusion and possible frustrated customers. I'd say.

The more you mention up front everything from limits blacklists does, etc. etc. , the better.

ANYHOW, can we do 256 then? the more the better!

thanks
#31275 by whn
Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:37 am
Groundhound wrote:The 128 limit may not be arbitrary, may have something to do with database lookup performance.

im at 133 and its ok so far. but I can see where I can be getting problrems.
#31365 by whn
Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm
whn wrote:
Groundhound wrote:The 128 limit may not be arbitrary, may have something to do with database lookup performance.

im at 133 and its ok so far. but I can see where I can be getting problrems.

I take that back, you can only hold 128

BTW

Thank you for adding a confirmation screen when you add someone to your blacklist.

that is well done

Thanks
#31436 by allo
Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm
Bobby B wrote:How many entries do you currently have on your blacklist? Right now there's a limit of 128 entries - if you're beyond that limit, the adding of more blacklist items might be failing.

Does the max of 128 entries includes the "Community blacklist", or that is separate!?
By the way, how many are there on that "Community blacklist", as of now?