Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#28835 by Caspearious
Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:14 am
I have recently been considering buying an Ooma hub/scout for the old model of support (basic not premier).

I have a question concerning the phone number transfers:
Is it possible to get a temporary Ooma Phone number for now and then at a later date (a few months from now) transfer my old land line phone number to Ooma (and replace the temporary Ooma number)? The reason for the delay is because the number I want to transfer is not under my name yet.

If I like the service, I might just buy premier (before I transfer my number so I can get the free transfer).

Which leads into my next question:
Say that I decide to get a year of premier and then after that, I decide to go back to basic. Would this put me on the new Ooma payment plan (the regulatory fee) or would I still be on the old model of basic support?

Thanks for any advice.
Caspearious
#28879 by ntoy
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:05 am
Hello Caspearious,

Sure, you can activate with a temp number from us.
There is no time limit on when you can port your number. First check to see if your number can be ported & then log into My Ooma to start the Number port process.

Say that I decide to get a year of premier and then after that, I decide to go back to basic. Would this put me on the new Ooma payment plan (the regulatory fee) or would I still be on the old model of basic support?

> Reply: It would depend: You can call in & we would look up your account to see what plan you are on based on your purchase.
#28965 by jazzyone
Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:50 pm
That was my exact situation, with the account being in someone elses name. I also wanted to make sure that the security alarm worked and Ooma quality was acceptable.

I got an Ooma number when I activated my Hub. I then tested what I needed to test and was satisfied. I called VZ about 2 weeks after the activation to change the account name into mine. It took about 4 days for VZ to change the account name. About a week later I started the porting process, then about 2 weeks later my number was successfully ported.