Setup Telo w/o landline support, can I still get it?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
wenmang

Setup Telo w/o landline support, can I still get it?

Post by wenmang » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am

Hi, I setup Telo without selecting landline support during initial account creation. Now, I like to integrate my landline with ooma, can I still do it or I have to re-configure my account, if so, how? I still have my landline and Telo is on comcast cable internet.

Groundhound

Re: Setup Telo w/o landline support, can I still get it?

Post by Groundhound » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:47 am

You'll have to get tech support to make the change for you.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:48 am

You will have to call customer support and tell them that you want to integrate with your land line. I hope your local calls are free because once you integrate, all local calls will be via your land line. You will also need to have Busy Call Forwarding provisioned on your land line for proper operation with ooma.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

wenmang

Post by wenmang » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 am

murphy wrote:You will have to call customer support and tell them that you want to integrate with your land line. I hope your local calls are free because once you integrate, all local calls will be via your land line. You will also need to have Busy Call Forwarding provisioned on your land line for proper operation with ooma.
Oh, I didn't know that, my local calls are not free, so I'd better keep the current setting then. Thanks for the info.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Call Forward on Busy is only required if you plan on using the Instant Second Line feature on your landline phone number.
murphy wrote:You will also need to have Busy Call Forwarding provisioned on your land line for proper operation with ooma.
Bobby B