Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#28575 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:32 am
danxp wrote:so any comment from dennis p. or bobby b. regarding this topic?

just trying to get some assurance from someone at the company that they'll be around for a while...

I doubt anyone with the company will comment beyond their normal public statements made periodically to the various VoIP and financial news publications. FWIW, here is the FAQ entry on their financial status:

How do I know you'll stay in business?

While there are never any guarantees for any company in any industry, Ooma raised $16M at the end of September 2008 and has a very solid business model with extremely conservative spending practices which will help our profitability continue to climb. Ooma has strong, dedicated venture backing and all parties are fully committed to ensuring that the company is successful and has the capital necessary to continue to innovate and grow.

This statement is outdated in that there has been another round of VC funding since last year.
#28580 by doug
Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:45 am
danxp wrote:so any comment from dennis p. or bobby b. regarding this topic?

just trying to get some assurance from someone at the company that they'll be around for a while...

First, I doubt that either of them are allowed to make any statements regarding financial positions. And secondly, history has shown that corporate executives who are authorized to make such statements shouldn't necessarily be trusted, at least when it is a publicly traded company. I'm not trying to put Ooma in the same camp as Enron or WorldCom or Madoff or any of the rest. I'm just saying that if public statements give you a warm, fuzzy feeling you need a reality check.

Don't get me wrong -- I am a diehard Ooma fan and expect the company to thrive and have a long life. But even if they don't, I am saving so much money compared to my previous bills that payback is measured in months. So I'm ahead of the game even if they die a premature death (parish the thought!).

I'm also squarely in the camp that thinks Premier is not only worth more than its cost from a feature standpoint, but I am more than willing to pay the Premier charges simply as a means to vote with my feet and support the company. I can't understand why the percent of premier users is so low ...
#28619 by Bobby B
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:26 pm
Thanks for the catch - we've updated the FAQ with the new funding dates and figures.

And to address the original poster's question - yes, we're healthy and well :) You can check out some of the articles on our newsroom, some of which talk about some growth numbers: https://www.ooma.com/media/in-the-news/online

Groundhound wrote:This statement is outdated in that there has been another round of VC funding since last year.
#28789 by networkingman
Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:29 am
Bobby B wrote:Thanks for the catch - we've updated the FAQ with the new funding dates and figures.

And to address the original poster's question - yes, we're healthy and well :) You can check out some of the articles on our newsroom, some of which talk about some growth numbers: https://www.ooma.com/media/in-the-news/online

Groundhound wrote:This statement is outdated in that there has been another round of VC funding since last year.

Yes but it's probably only a matter of time this company is left in the dust by another company that actually provides technical support. I am a Premiere customer, actually paying for this service, and it's been five days since I've reported my problem. I'm getting very frustrated, to the point I might file a BBB complaint.
#28830 by allo
Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:22 am
networkingman wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Thanks for the catch - we've updated the FAQ with the new funding dates and figures.

Yes but it's probably only a matter of time this company is left in the dust by another company that actually provides technical support. I am a Premiere customer, actually paying for this service, and it's been five days since I've reported my problem. I'm getting very frustrated, to the point I might file a BBB complaint.

Instead of threats, why don't you state your "beef"; may be someone here on these forums might know the solution!
If you had ooma since Feb 2009, you must be now in the black... making profit and not paying any telcos bill.
Let's be serious now; if you can find a better deal and product similar to ooma; why don't you give it a try; and see how much better it is.
Anger and Threats don't solve anything!
#28833 by networkingman
Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:06 am
Yes but it's probably only a matter of time this company is left in the dust by another company that actually provides technical support. I am a Premiere customer, actually paying for this service, and it's been five days since I've reported my problem. I'm getting very frustrated, to the point I might file a BBB complaint.[/quote]

Instead of threats, why don't you state your "beef"; may be someone here on these forums might know the solution!
If you had ooma since Feb 2009, you must be now in the black... making profit and not paying any telcos bill.
Let's be serious now; if you can find a better deal and product similar to ooma; why don't you give it a try; and see how much better it is.
Anger and Threats don't solve anything![/quote]

Let me just say this, when Ooma is working (the basic functionality is working just fine) it works great. I paid to be a Premiere member because I wanted additional functionality. It's not working and hasn't worked in over a week. I've had Ooma since December of 2008, and had an issue back in February that took a month to fix. The treatment was the same and yes it EVENTUALLY got fixed. I know they've spent tons of money on infrastructure. I guess I wish they would spend a little more on support. And no, I am not one of those customers that calls for every little thing. I think having paid extra to have the Blacklist functionality (among others) and now having it completely useless, well I deserve to complain. I own my own business and if my PAYING customer has a complaint, I do anything I can to resolve it. From Ooma, you get silence after e-mails, phone calls and forum postings. I'm not off base here.
#34316 by in2dadark
Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 pm
networkingman wrote:Yes but it's probably only a matter of time this company is left in the dust by another company that actually provides technical support. I am a Premiere customer, actually paying for this service, and it's been five days since I've reported my problem. I'm getting very frustrated, to the point I might file a BBB complaint.

Anger and Threats don't solve anything![/quote]

Let me just say this, when Ooma is working (the basic functionality is working just fine) it works great. I paid to be a Premiere member because I wanted additional functionality. It's not working and hasn't worked in over a week. I've had Ooma since December of 2008, and had an issue back in February that took a month to fix. The treatment was the same and yes it EVENTUALLY got fixed. I know they've spent tons of money on infrastructure. I guess I wish they would spend a little more on support. And no, I am not one of those customers that calls for every little thing. I think having paid extra to have the Blacklist functionality (among others) and now having it completely useless, well I deserve to complain. I own my own business and if my PAYING customer has a complaint, I do anything I can to resolve it. From Ooma, you get silence after e-mails, phone calls and forum postings. I'm not off base here.[/quote]

I've never had a problem with customer service. They are a lot nicer than at and t used to be as well.