Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#28145 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 am
According to Rich Buchanan from the Ooma Blog:

An overwhelming percentage of the feedback was negative about removing voice mail. We do listen to our customers, so Ooma voicemail is going back into the product effective immediately (applies to all purchases made since the feature set changed 10/1/09 too). Ooma Hub, Ooma Hub/Scout, and Ooma Telo customers will have the built in web based voice mail with local, remote, or web based access just like before.

Nice job Ooma. Thanks for listening to the folks. This is the reason I think ooma WILL SUCCEED!

Wayne
#28959 by ydnar723
Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:01 pm
Very smart choice, I am glad that Ooma does listen and even though the feedback was listened to, that the reaction from Ooma was quick.

Now when Ooma says they listen...they really do!
#29027 by lchan
Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:48 am
I am also glad that existing features are not taken away. I use mostly my own answering machine and the Ooma voice mail is just for backup when the Internet or power at my house fails.

On the other hand, I am a bit worried. There are on going discussion on the business model and long time survival of Ooma and we all understand that it needs constant stream of income to sustain the on going support and growth. Right now Premier subscription is the main source of income to the company.

I think the taking away of voice mail was an attempt to have more paid subscriptions. $50 for voice mail feature will make Premier service at $99 (or $119) that have all the features including an instant 2nd line looks like a bargain.

Now, that wish at Ooma evaporated. Hope they can come up with something that they can have stable income but not upset the existing installed base.

Of course we like to have everything (including all new upcoming features) free forever. On the other hand, we also need Ooma to be able to stay in business for years (decades) to come.