Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#26522 by wizwor
Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:03 pm
I love my OOMA. I've had it for a week and it has been awesome. Last night, I replaced my Comcast supplied modem with a Linksys CM100. At the same time, I decided to place my OOMA between the modem and my router. I figured out how to change the mac address and was making calls in no time.

This morning it occurred to me that I had not tested inbound calls. When I got a message that the person I was calling was unable to take my call, I assumed it was related to the mac address change.

I explained all this to tech support and was asked to wait on hold for two minutes while Andre consulted his resources. When he returned, he asked me about the state of my email light. When I said it was solid, he asked me to hold the button down until the light went out. Then he confirmed the fix by calling my OOMA.

I had me pegged as an idiot when he asked me the status of the light (RTFM, right?), but Andre stayed on the line for a few minutes to assure me I was wrong about that and to thank me for using their free tech support.

Thanks OOMA.
#26524 by murphy
Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 pm
Countless people have made that mistake.
#26526 by southsound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:19 pm
And lest we be rude, Welcome to ooma and to the forums! There are a lot of great people here who can help with almost any issue. Of course, as murphy stated, the little envelope (actually do not disturb when lit) is common. Also common errors involve the little wheels on each side of your hub. One is the volume wheel and the other controls the lights. That is, unless you have the new Telo then the proximity switches do the work of the wheels. :cool:
#26529 by bw1
Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:30 pm
They should put a sticker on the envelope button of new units that says 'If this button is red, press and hold for two seconds to stop incoming calls from going directly to voicemail.'
#26570 by Davesworld
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:30 pm
I'm sure I did it once when testing it out. Once you DO know about it though, it's a very convenient feature to have on an ATA box directly. This was well thought out when the ooma philosophy was birthed. I'm sure someone asked, "why the hell not"? Why have a boring box (ATA) you can only access through the web?