Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#25826 by Leeway
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 pm
Another goofy question. When I get any cellphone call, my caller id simply says "cellphone" (it talks). The number is displayed. I thought that was normal but, is it? Do you get a name on a caller id ?
#25853 by murphy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:36 am
Some cell phone companies don't bother to set up caller ID name because they don't display it on incoming calls. My cellphone can only display the name on an incoming call if the number is already in the phone number directory of my cellphone. It now displays my name to some people that I call but not all.
#25855 by hpepper
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:44 am
murphy wrote:My cellphone can only display the name on an incoming call if the number is already in the phone number directory of my cellphone. It now displays my name to some people that I call but not all.

Same here - When I receive a call on Ooma, it displays the name of SOME cell callers but others it actually says the State they are calling from.
#25856 by jmassimilla
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:54 am
When I receive a call on Ooma from a cell phone, it usually displays the city and state of the caller's exchange. From some, particularly Sprint callers, it displays the name.