Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#25084 by ggilman
Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 pm
Not other than looking at your call logs and doing a few calculations.

I assume you are concerned with the 5000 minute limit? It really shouldn't be any concern at all if you are a regular home user. The rule is only there to stop telemarketers and call centers from buying a couple of oomas & running their businesses from that. 99% of home users would never come near the 5000, especially when you consider it's only outbound (inbound calls don't count towards the limit) and 800 #s are free.

Even if by chance you did go over, they wouldn't say anything unless it was consistent (i.e. you really look like a call center).

This is all said with the disclaimer that I don't represent ooma, but from everything I've seen on the forums and read elsewhere, I really don't think you'll have a problem.
#25109 by ggilman
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:44 pm
DrewAZ wrote:Check the blog post from today.

Good blog. Should set the OP's mind at ease. I would assume he's not in the top 0.1% phone usage.

The number of Ooma accounts that fall into the 5,000+ minute per month category is less than 0.1%
#25120 by iLikeMyOoma
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 pm
The reason is that in our home, some of our family members use the phone more than others (i.e. little sister who spends most of her evenings/nights chit-chatting with friends). But since the blog mentions that residential users get 5000 minutes, I guess I won't have too much to worry about.
#25196 by Bobby B
Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:34 am
We should have call log export available next week which will allow you to tally up your minutes.

However, I wouldn't worry about "minute-counting" as the post mentions - if you're using it for residential usage, you don't need to be concerned about minute counting.
#25346 by whn
Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:35 am
iLikeMyOoma wrote:How can I tell as to how much minutes I have already used and how much is left remaining? Is there a way to tell on the website/from the phone?

I think OOMA mentions a 5,000 per month so you dont go crazy on usage. So you stay mindful of usage.

I don't know how anyone can use 5,000 minutes on a phone per month

most cell phone plans are like 1000 minutes a month, most 450 or so,

I think OOMA will enforce this,if say, your using it like 5000-7000 minutes a month consistently , then it could trigger an 'inspection' to see if its being used for business instead of home.

I never check the amount of minutes I use, if I ever reach 5,000 minutes a month, I will let OOMA let me know, then I would use that as a wake up call that I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. ..... lol