Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#24931 by sylfer
Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 am
I have two ooma numbers, one on the Hub, and one assigned to a personal Scout. When I call the Scout phone from the Hub phone, or vice versa, the phone doesn't ring but goes right to voicemail. Is that how it's supposed to work?

btw, no I don't have Do Not Disturb turned on ; )
And no, the number's aren't on my blacklist ; )
The Scout and Hub phones do ring when I call from an external phone (like my cellphone).

thanx
#24939 by sylfer
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 am
Thanks, I didn't see that post before...

so, OOMA offers free calling to any US phone number, except your own... how silly is that :?
#25005 by bw1
Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:03 pm
sylfer wrote:so, OOMA offers free calling to any US phone number, except your own... how silly is that :?

I don't think that's by design and it'll probably be fixed some day. Especially since private devices are supported with both the Hub/Scout and Telo/Handset and require Premier service. I'm sure they want to encourage as many as possible to sign up for Premier. And this issue has been brought up quite a bit by those with in-laws (or others) staying in their house that need a separate phone/number.