Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#24894 by JohnFoe
Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm
I'm curious if there is a way to see what terms and conditions apply to my unit to ensure that it is properly registered on their end.

I personally bought the ooma and scout this week from an online site. I mainly bought it to get the free voicemail since the "blog" claims that all scout and hub purchases will have free voicemail forever just like in the "old" terms.

Either way I'm glad it works, but I'm having a few issues with echo and static on local calls to landline phones which I guess I'll need to speak with their support about?
#24922 by southsound
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 pm
JohnFoe wrote:I'm having a few issues with echo and static on local calls to landline phones which I guess I'll need to speak with their support about?

Just a suggestion - ooma has the ability to look at logs detailing how particular calls were routed. It is highly to your advantage to keep a log of the calls that give you a problem. The log should contain time and date, number of other party, if it was incoming or outgoing, and type and severity of problem. After a couple of days or about 10 or 12 calls where there was a less than satisfactory connection, call ooma and ask to have the problem escalated. Give them the log information and they should be able to make your experience 100% satisfactory.

In addition, some have found that having the handset volume too high can cause echo. Also, if you are using older 2.4ghz or even 5.8ghz cordless phones, they will often interfere with a wireless network and that can cause network trouble, dropped calls, or static.

And less I forget, welcome to ooma and to the forum! :cool:
#24976 by JohnFoe
Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 am
southsound wrote:
JohnFoe wrote:I'm having a few issues with echo and static on local calls to landline phones which I guess I'll need to speak with their support about?

Just a suggestion - ooma has the ability to look at logs detailing how particular calls were routed. It is highly to your advantage to keep a log of the calls that give you a problem. The log should contain time and date, number of other party, if it was incoming or outgoing, and type and severity of problem. After a couple of days or about 10 or 12 calls where there was a less than satisfactory connection, call ooma and ask to have the problem escalated. Give them the log information and they should be able to make your experience 100% satisfactory.

In addition, some have found that having the handset volume too high can cause echo. Also, if you are using older 2.4ghz or even 5.8ghz cordless phones, they will often interfere with a wireless network and that can cause network trouble, dropped calls, or static.

And less I forget, welcome to ooma and to the forum! :cool:

Sounds good I'll keep a log and severity of the issue. I don't think it is my phone since it is a 1990's corded phone , but I have some dect 6.0 phones arriving in the mail today to make sure the quality is good. I'll simply get things rolling by doing my logging and follow what you said so their support techs have plenty of information to review. Thanks!
#25512 by JohnFoe
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:33 pm
Everything is running fine it seems.

Still am not aware how to see what terms and conditions they have us under. Is there a simple way to look this up?

Would be nice if in my.ooma.com it would have a link to the Terms and Conditions that they have me listed under. I only want to know since it is important that I would be on the old terms and conditions (ooma hub and scout).
#25520 by southsound
Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:22 pm
JohnFoe wrote:Everything is running fine it seems.

Still am not aware how to see what terms and conditions they have us under. Is there a simple way to look this up?

Would be nice if in my.ooma.com it would have a link to the Terms and Conditions that they have me listed under. I only want to know since it is important that I would be on the old terms and conditions (ooma hub and scout).

Glad that things are working well now. I can also assure you that since you bought the hub/scout package you will be getting free email and caller ID with name as part of your package. You will also not have to pay the $12 per year in recapture fees. This came from ooma management and is posted in one of the threads. These folks are straight shooters - if Dennis or Bobby say it, you can take it to the bank. (Also, since the blog entry is signed by Rich Bucannan I'd put my money on it being true. Rich is the Chief Marketing Officer) :cool:
#25550 by niknak
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:03 am
...Still am not aware how to see what terms and conditions they have us under. Is there a simple way to look this up...

Southsound is correct, OOMA has stated that they will honor the terms & conditions as printed on the box
#25561 by JohnFoe
Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:23 am
niknak wrote:
...Still am not aware how to see what terms and conditions they have us under. Is there a simple way to look this up...

Southsound is correct, OOMA has stated that they will honor the terms & conditions as printed on the box

alright sounds good lol