Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#24702 by dkm
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:53 am
On my ooma under phone number preferences, when I select the Scout device it shows a device ID that is the same as my device name. The customer support people keep telling me it should show my scout device serial number... and they don't seem to believe me. Anyone having this issue? I've attached a snapshot.

PS - I've been working thru problems with CS for the last three days... they keep asking me for my scout serial number as though it keeps disappearing from the system. Might explain why sometimes my phone numbers are split (one on hub one on scout as I want) and then suddenly they both appear on both hub and scout (like what has happened in the last hour to me).

-daniel-
Attachments
ooma.jpg
ooma.jpg (8.47 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
#24707 by focuspuller
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:06 am
Have same issue.

Also have serial number on Scout label is not the serial number on the firmware.

Support keeps resetting the serial number in the firmware to my account. This lasts about 2 hours and then it's back to square one.

Can not have scout ring it's own number.

Calls to either the hub number or scout number ring both. VM can not be setup on the scout and defaults to the hub VM message.
#24712 by dkm
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:20 am
I also have scout serial number that does not match exterior label. I actually had the split lines working for a full day.. but then my caller id number from my secondary line started showing wrong phone numbers. Worked with CS this morning and discovered that caller id number would cycle thru the same series of wrong numbers and eventually come back to the real one. After an hour, CS gave up and then a few minutes later Caller ID started working again. Then suddenly, the split lines stopped working and now both hub and scout get both lines. Ugghhh! CS says they'll be calling me back today... we'll see. CS rep on Monday told me same thing and then never did call back. I suspect there is a system problem where the scout serial number is being removed from accounts... probably any changes (or views) I make while on myooma account are being sent over to ooma's internal system and the scout serial number is lost in the process because of some bug.

Ooma, you need to get it together!

-daniel-