Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#23870 by southsound
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:51 pm
I think you need to wait for the handset. There is no hardwire connection to the second line. :shock:
#23908 by murphy
Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:44 am
You can receive and make calls on a second phone number but you can't have two calls in progress at the same time without a handset. To make a call using the second number precede the number with **1.
#23984 by coxskall
Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:53 pm
How about if you plug another telephone into another phone jack in the house. Does that make any difference? By the way I thought I disconnected my line from the telephone company and I still can't get a dial tone when I plug a phone into a jack somewhere else in the house. Anybody know if there is something else to do to open up the jacks? Why would they release the Telo and have you wait for the phones given the 2nd line appears useless at this time?
#24002 by niknak
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:28 pm
...How about if you plug another telephone into another phone jack in the house. Does that make any difference? By the way I thought I disconnected my line from the telephone company and I still can't get a dial tone when I plug a phone into a jack somewhere else in the house...

The only way to get dial tone throughout the house wiring if your POTS line is disconnected is from the Ooma device...plug a cable from the phone port on the ooma to a wall jack...you should now have dialtone unless you have other wiring issues /configurations in the walls
#24010 by WayneDsr
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:58 pm
Why would they release the Telo and have you wait for the phones given the 2nd line appears useless at this time?

The question of the year. Sorry, we have no answer for that!

If a call comes in you can "flash" over to the second line.

Wayne
Last edited by WayneDsr on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.