Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#23855 by delljim
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:24 pm
I need to clarify one point. I am presently on Ooma Premier trial. Have been for 2 weeks. I understand I can now purchase Premier for $99.95 as long as I do it before end of year. If I elect to not have my number transferred, I can then receive a free Handset. Are these statements correct??

Thank you
#23857 by southsound
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 pm
delljim wrote:I need to clarify one point. I am presently on Ooma Premier trial. Have been for 2 weeks. I understand I can now purchase Premier for $99.95 as long as I do it before end of year. If I elect to not have my number transferred, I can then receive a free Handset. Are these statements correct??

Thank you

Not sure about the handset - other things seem to be as defined by ooma. The handset issue has not yet been made clear. If it is not an available option, paying $119 for the first year still seems like a bargain.

edit - Just to clarify, you do have a Telo, correct? The handset will not work with the hub.
Last edited by southsound on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#23859 by hpepper
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Maybe I'm wrong - I know I read that you either get free porting or a free handset - Is that only if you pay $119?
#23860 by southsound
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:33 pm
hpepper wrote:Maybe I'm wrong - I know I read that you either get free porting or a free handset - Is that only if you pay $119?

The clarifications I have seen from Dennis did not cover the handset issue. I think we need to hear from them for a definite answer.
#23861 by murphy
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:34 pm
If you have been on the Premier trial for 2 weeks then you have a hub, not a Telo since the Telo was put on sale 2 days ago. You should purchase Premier, at $99.99, before your trial expires. You lose nothing since the Premier subscription begins at the end of the trial. The handset does not work with the hub. It only works with the Telo.

Please clarify what you have now.
#23958 by delljim
Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:09 am
I do have a Hub, and I have read nowhere where the 6.0 dect phone does not work with the Hub.

I am using 1 6.0 dect phone now with the Hub and it works fine.

I think this whole post needs CLARIFICATION from an ooma representative. Will someone from Ooma please advise. Thank you all for trying your best, and I understand it is difficult if you don't work for ooma, as the changes seem to be coming in fast and furious. Bless you all!
#23960 by Groundhound
Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:15 am
delljim wrote:I do have a Hub, and I have read nowhere where the 6.0 dect phone does not work with the Hub.

I am using 1 6.0 dect phone now with the Hub and it works fine.

I think this whole post needs CLARIFICATION from an ooma representative. Will someone from Ooma please advise. Thank you all for trying your best, and I understand it is difficult if you don't work for ooma, as the changes seem to be coming in fast and furious. Bless you all!

The Telo DECT handset only works with the Telo base. You can use any handset otherwise with both the Ooma Hub or Telo.
#23981 by Davesworld
Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:40 pm
I see that the word "DECT" confuses folks. The ability to use your existing or future DECT cordless phone system by plugging the base into the phone jack on either the Hub or Telo is not an issue with either the Hub or the Telo. The upcoming Ooma DECT handset will ONLY work with the Telo as the Telo is it's DECT base station. The hub does not have a built in DECT base station.