Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#24512 by mjrude
Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 pm
I reset my password several times but that was not the problem. My problem: I had a trailing space in my telephone number - and this caused a mismatch in the data base. Every time I tried to login, I just clicked and pulled my number up again from the form which had the trailing space character from the first time I entered it. A better parser might have avoided this problem - it should have told me that my number was in the incorrect format - not that my number and password did not match.

In any case, I can log in now.
#24571 by closson
Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:26 pm
i have the same problem. Can not Log Into My Ooma. Will not let me reset my password. Says number and email address not found. Have been trying to log in since Sunday. Need some kelp.

closson
#24586 by southsound
Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:14 pm
I wonder if this problem is caused by a "bug" we discovered in the old version of the lounge - now My Ooma. In the lounge you could enter a password of any length - but the system would only store the first 10 characters of that password. If your password was 11 or more characters long, when you tried to use it to log in it would not recognize it as correct and you would get the wrong number or password message. If you have been using a longer password that 10 characters, try shortening it and let us know what happens. :cool:
#24611 by niknak
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
"The change you wanted was rejected.
Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to."

as of today, I still cannot access My Ooma. I hope Bobby or Dennis sees this?
Thanks
#24618 by Bobby B
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:24 pm
Sorry niknak - we'll try to get the fix for your login issue tomorrow. I'll send you an email or reply on this thread when it's in place.

niknak wrote:"The change you wanted was rejected.

as of today, I still cannot access My Ooma. I hope Bobby or Dennis sees this?
Thanks
#24623 by niknak
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Thanks Bobby I know you've been real busy lately, I don't log in often, but I want to be sure all is working ok
#24731 by hubertc
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:21 am
Still haven't been able to log in to My Ooma since the evening of 10/2.

"The change you wanted was rejected.

Please help! I just purchased my Ooma hub and scout on 10/2 and haven't been able to configure my settings in My Ooma.

Thank you.
#24779 by dyehya
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:41 pm
Sorry for the harsh post the other day but it is very frustrating when you are talking to support that is there to help you and they don't really listen to what you have to say and read off the "Procedure" even when you tell them you already did it. I tried it again today and late last night and I was able to log in...now I am having a really weird issue but not related to log-in so I won't post it here. Also is there a reason why none of my browsers can check and see if your security certificate for the site has been revoked? Anyway thanks for continually fixing people's ongoing problems!
#24782 by Bobby B
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:49 pm
We went overboard with validating addresses on the accounts -- in your case there was a billing address with just a first and last name, but no street address info.

We're going to re-work our address validation architecture so that the login doesn't bomb out if there's an invalid address.

hubertc wrote:Thanks Bobby. It works now.

What was the problem?