Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#20909 by danielwlv
Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:05 pm
I'm a recent past user of ATT Callvantage user (callvantage discontinued service as of 10-09). I have high hopes for a few add-ons for Ooma premier.

1) Have conference calling center. Where you invite those to call your personal # and the can join conversation with code.
2) Wake up call service. Pick your own Character (disney, tv show, movie personality voice) that you set up your wake up call and your phone rings with the voice saying:" this is your wake up call service time to get up" etc.
3) Offer music/sound effects for those calling you. So when someone calls you they hear music instead of the ring dial tone.
4) On hold music.

**3/4 you can change uyour music etc on OOma.com lounge.

Just some suggestions.
#20910 by southsound
Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:26 pm
If these were Premier features you would find Premier subscriptions going through the roof! Great ideas and not that difficult to implement. In fact, they could even be a different subset of features that a person could buy in addition to or in place of Premier.

Ooma needs great features to drive additional revenue to bring the company into not only profitability but sustainable growth. I think having neat features like these would help in that quest.

Bobby B and Dennis P - I know you have your hands full right now but I hope you are listening to great ideas like these from danielwlv - and if they are implemented in a future feature release, I hope that the ones suggesting them are compensated in some real way. Maybe an "idea team" much like a beta testing team. There would be some tangible way to make it worth a persons time to suggest and test new feature options. :cool:
#20912 by scottlindner
Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 am
I really like this suggestion, but I wonder if they need a different fee structure. If the International Call Credits could more of a generic Credit for additional fee per use services such as this, that would be awesome for most people. I can see this not working under the current fixed fee Premier unless there were limits.

All in all, excellent suggestion. I would certainly use it if the price was right.

Scott
#20915 by danielwlv
Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:15 am
Thanks for the replys thus far... Let me add this: the wake up calls should
be included in the $99 / yr price and not extra. However I understand a fixed fee for conference center.. Ex $5 per conf call... Or $.20 per min. Or 1 free per month then "X" per min/conf call... Just a thought to bring in more customers and $$$$$.
#20924 by daet
Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:13 am
Great ideas - especially the wake-up call. I think that charging per call for the conference call capacity is a good idea as well, because that is not a feature that the majority of users will be using.

Here's another idea:
How about a T.38 fax gateway like the one offered by Vonage that Ooma charges for - either on a per fax basis, or a flat fee each month/year?

That would make faxing very reliable - a feature that someone like me would be readily willing to pay for.

DG
#20925 by scottlindner
Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:18 am
How about offer both options, annual rate for regular users and per use rate for common folks like the majority of us. I'm doing a lot of faxing right now because I'm in the process of refinancing our mortgage, but once I'm done with that, I doubt I'll fax much.

Scott
#20926 by WayneDsr
Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 am
scottlindner wrote:How about offer both options, annual rate for regular users and per use rate for common folks like the majority of us. I'm doing a lot of faxing right now because I'm in the process of refinancing our mortgage, but once I'm done with that, I doubt I'll fax much.

Scott

That's a good idea, Scott. I never fax (the traditional fax) and will probably never need to conference call from my home. 2 tiers would work best.

Wayne