Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#19243 by azism
Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:08 pm
I just got a call from area code 73. At times I have seen them from area code 60. If the phone number is totally invalid, such as less than 10 digits, as a matter of security I don't answer it and they never leave a voice mail. However, I can't block them as they are less than 10 digits and I am certain they are not from anyone I know. How can I block these numbers of less than 10 digits or are in other ways invalid, like using area code 000?

Also, can an entire area code be blocked such as foreign area codes known for illegal activities?
#19250 by scottlindner
Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:52 pm
At the moment you cannot block these numbers. You can only block numbers recorded in the call log. I know, it sucks. I think they are working on it.

Scott
#19256 by thbjr
Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:24 pm
Bobby B wrote:We've added the ability to blacklist your own numbers (it sounds strange I know). This should be a stop-gap measure for caller-ID spoofing until we can build something a bit more sophisticated that will auto-detect caller-ID spoofing and take corrective action.

We are all anxiously awaiting this feature.
#19257 by azism
Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:30 pm
Interesting, blocking my numbers. Sounds kind of kinky. That doesn't affect anyone else from calling in then I guess otehrwise you wouldn't have incorporated that feature I will give it a try.