Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#16026 by magdamurphy
Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:26 am
Internet went off and with it my Hub, No light, no music.Internet is on but not ooma.Now do I have to unplug everything and start the instalation over?Do I have to turn off my 2 computers?Also I am in the middle of porting my number,If I am unable to fix this problem and will return the ooma unit to Costco, will I be able to keep or get my tel number back from ooma??? Please help. Thanks Magda
#16027 by niknak
Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:29 am
Power off the ooma hub
wait 30 seconds
power it back on while holding down the ooma tab on top of the hub
continue holding down the tab while ooma powers up and all lights stop blinking
you should have a blue ooma tab and hub working once again
#16030 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:24 am
And for reassurance, I've lost internet connection a few times and ooma never had a problem re-establishing a connection.
Internet came back up, and I heard a "click" and the red light changed to blue.

Wayne
#16035 by hopehankin
Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:38 pm
I was told I could stop my number porting any time up until it happened...but I had trouble installing and called to cancel my number port until I got back in town. They gave me a cancellation number and everything and hours after I left town the number port when through anyway.

We were out of town with no ability to get our phone calls or messages and although we are back now we still have been unable to get our hub working properly so we still have no access to that phone line or our Ooma services.

I posted a new forum asking for insight...I get a different answer every time I call Ooma and the last kid admitted he is an 18 year old in Puerto Rico...I can't even get local help or a referral for someone I can pay to install this (and the Geek Squad says they would just follow the same steps I have followed and charge me $150 and can't guarantee it will work because they don't actually install these things).