Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#14670 by dferrey
Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:02 pm
Not a huge deal, but when I log on to the lounge, it goes to the INBOX and I automatically get to hear that ooma player ready jingle.

Is there a way to disable it playing the jingle, or maybe start somewhere else in the lounge and only go to it when I want?

The problem is I work from home have the sound up for music. When I get on a conference call, I stop the music player but I may want to get into the lounge while on the call and bam, the jingle smacks me.

Thoughts?
#14676 by southsound
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:28 pm
I have a neat button on my notebook called a "mute" button. I've used it for similar situations. Maybe it would work for you too.

Sorry, your first line said it all, "Not a huge deal."

But on the other hand, welcome to ooma. You might not like the little song but you will like the lack of think phone bills arriving each month from your telco. :cool:
#14690 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:41 am
dferrey wrote:FWIW - I abhor any website where the home page starts sounds immediately upon loading.

Agreed. It is one of those vile things that needs to be irradiated from the web. The first thing most people do when a website wants to play music is close the bloody thing as quickly as possible. As for the Ooma Lounge. What bothers me most is the Lounge is slow enough already. Having to wait for the sound plugin to load before you can switch to something else just adds to the annoyance of a sound loaded page.

For this reason I use the work around noted. When I forget, I remember quickly why I have a bookmark.

Scott
#15053 by iSEPIC
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 pm
dferrey wrote:Not a huge deal, but when I log on to the lounge, it goes to the INBOX and I automatically get to hear that ooma player ready jingle.

Is there a way to disable it playing the jingle, or maybe start somewhere else in the lounge and only go to it when I want?

The problem is I work from home have the sound up for music. When I get on a conference call, I stop the music player but I may want to get into the lounge while on the call and bam, the jingle smacks me.

Thoughts?

Block the flash of this specific page using Firefox & Flashblock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433
#15098 by southsound
Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:25 am
dferrey wrote:
FWIW - I abhor any website where the home page starts sounds
immediately upon loading.

Actually your comment is worth quite a bit! I normally keep my system muted so I'm not even aware of how many sites do or don't do the "play music on loading" thing.

I've been creating websites for several commercial accounts and quite a few non-profits, including my church. On the church website I set it up so it would play a praise song in the background. Until your comment, I thought it was something people liked. That is, until I did a little poll. Turns out that the ONLY negative comment was about the music on the home page! The music is now gone and people will be happier because of you being honest about your experience and preferences. Thank you for your comments! :cool:
#16247 by jm9496
Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm
write a greasemonkey script to take care of it:

My greasemonkey skills are weak, so I am not going to take a stab at it just yet, but a hint is this HTML source source:

Code: Select all   <div id="wimpyTarget" style="margin-left:15px">

<script language="JavaScript" >
      makeWimpyPlayer("Welcome_to_ooma.mp3");
   </script>
   </div>