Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#13767 by danvm
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm
This was just too precious not to share with others. I attempted to contact tech support via email for help in retrieving my voicemail when I'm not at home. Here's how the conversation went:
================================
Dear Tech Support
I used to have Vonage which allowed me to call a specific number that went right to my voicemail so I could pick up messages while I'm on the road. With Ooma, my home phone rings and will potentially be picked up by someone before I can access the voicemail system.
Is there a number I can dial that will get me direct to voicemail or is there a way around this?
Hello-
If you press and hold the envelope button on the hub for two seconds then let go. This will send all calls straight to voicemail.
Thanks
Sioeli
I am sorry you did not understand what I was trying to say.
I am trying to obtain my voicemail remotely - that is - I'm NOT at home.
Please advise.
dan
Hello-
Just dial your number then when you hear the voicemail just press the * key and it will prompt you for your password.
Thanks
Sioeli
Not if someone picks the phone up. As I stated earlier, I want to know if there is number I can dial that will put me DIRECTLY into the voicemail
system. If I call home, all the phones ring and if anyone is home they will pick up the phone. I then have to tell them I will call again and ask them not to pick up the phone. Vonage has a direct number - does Ooma?
Hello-
Thats why I said press the envelope button on the hub which will send all the calls directly to voicemail. When you do that then you can press the * key and enter the pin.
Thanks Sioeli
I am NOT HOME to be able to press the envelope button.
For your convenience, I will post my original inquiry:
"I used to have Vonage which allowed me to call a specific number that went right to my voicemail so I could pick up messages while I'm on the road.
With Ooma, my home phone rings and will potentially be picked up by someone before I can access the voicemail system.
Is there a number I can dial that will get me direct to voicemail or is there a way around this?"
I kindly ask that if you do not understand the question, please turn it over to someone who can.
Thank you.
dan
Hello-
No it does not work like Vonage. Have someone press the envelope button for you since you are not there. Other wise theres nothing else I can do.
Thanks
Sioeli
#13768 by WayneDsr
Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm
That is why we all here in the forum say "CALL SUPPORT. EMAIL IS NOT A DEPENDABLE SOURCE OF SUPPORT."

You would have saved a ton of time calling support and probably have gotten an answer sooner.

There is no way to do what you want, however there is a work a round.
You can select to have anonymous calls sent to voicemail through the Anonymous Call Block option and then dial *67 on your phone to block your caller id. This will send your call directly to voicemail where you can hit * and your access code to access voicemail without ringing your phone.

Wayne
#13771 by scottlindner
Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:50 pm
Don't forget to program in the *67 into a speed dial with your home number so it's just as easy as when you had Vonage.