Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#12060 by quebert
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:10 pm
I'm not accusing Ooma of anything, or even complaining, I'm just curious here. When I added my CC info to the billing section my card was charged $10. I've had many places charge a buck just to verify that the card is in fact usable. Has anyone else here encountered this?
#12061 by southsound
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:22 pm
It sounds like the system charged your card because it assumed you wanted an International Call credit. From their knowledgebase:

"Once you own an ooma Hub, you can make unlimited calls in the United States. If you want to place calls to countries outside of the United States, you must fund your prepaid account for international minutes in the online ooma Lounge. After logging into the ooma Lounge, simply scroll to "Account" tab to prepay for minutes in increments as low as $10. "

Then in the Lounge, on the billing information page first line of that page says: "Enter your billing address to add funds to your prepaid calling account" When you enter your credit card information it must automatically make the purchase of credits.

If that is not what you desired, I'm sure that ooma's support people can process a refund. Call them at 888 711-6662.

I have never given ooma my credit card number as I don't have Premier and don't do international calling. I am sure it can be easily corrected.
#12062 by southsound
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 pm
Note to Bobby B - if that is indeed what happened, maybe a warning should be added to the page that states adding the information automatically creates a $10 charge to the credit card and a corresponding $10 international credit.
#12063 by quebert
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:32 pm
southsound - that makes sense, except I just checked and it's saying my prepaid balance is $0. Hummm, oh well I wanted to pay them to change my outgoing caller ID name so maybe they can just use this for that. Maybe it will add credit to my pre-paid account, and it just hasn't done it yet.
#12066 by quebert
Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm
WayneDsr I understand, mistakes happen. With my luck I'm sure I'm the only one who's encountered this lol. I'm not in the least bit upset. Was just wondering. I'll be signing up for the Premier as soon as the trial's up. Thanks for the welcome, I'll have to pop in here every few days to see what's going on. I had wanted to wait for the new Ooma with the DECT phone, before jumping. But I just couldn't lol. Glad I bought it, even more glad Newegg had it on sale for $212, WHAT A DEAL.
#12068 by WayneDsr
Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:02 pm
Yep, the new ooma does look very nice, I don't blame you for wanting to wait, but I think it will be awhile before its available to the public.
No more phone bills will allow you to save up for Telo later on and you can gift someone your old one!

Wayne
#12071 by iSEPIC
Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm
quebert wrote:I'm not accusing Ooma of anything, or even complaining, I'm just curious here. When I added my CC info to the billing section my card was charged $10. I've had many places charge a buck just to verify that the card is in fact usable. Has anyone else here encountered this?

THis happened to me too, I went to add in the $99 yearly fee, and it did a pre-authorization for $10, which dropped off after about a week. I called customer support, and they said that is proper.
#12094 by murphy
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:07 am
quebert wrote:I'll be signing up for the Premier as soon as the trial's up.

You don't have to wait for the Premier trial to end to sign up for Premier. The Premier subscription begins at the end of the trial.