Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#11586 by Bobby B
Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 am
LOL -- we were going to use the Majel-like voice, but I think it's copyrighted by AT&T or one of the Baby Bells. We ended up recording a new voice.

StevenJohn wrote:Yeah, that's the one I want. It seems ooma has read my mind. Is that the one that sounds like Majel Barrett? It sure sounds like the Star Trek computer voice.

sj
#11589 by southsound
Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm
bw1 wrote:You may have been able to get phrases by "the AT&T lady" to use for free.

See here:
https://www.flowroute.com/services/voice/

Also, custom phrases are available for only $15 for up to 30 words.

Great find, bw1! I can't wait for the ability to upload our own voicemail greetings as .mp3's. I really like the one that Pat Fleet does regarding the call being blocked due to military activity near or in your vicinity. Might make a telemarketer do the 1950's "Duck, cover and hold!"
#11591 by StevenJohn
Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:05 pm
Bobby B wrote:We ended up recording a new voice.

Well, since you couldn't get the AT&T lady, and since Majel has regrettably passed, the ooma voice mail lady will do just fine. I think I'm in love with her anyhow. Got any photos? 8^)

sj
#11627 by bw1
Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 am
Ok, here's some more recordings in case we ever can upload our own telemarketer greeting:

http://www.payphone-directory.org/sounds.html

This is my favorite:
http://www.payphone-directory.org/sounds/wav/uswestman/25cents.wav

Wouldn't it be great if we could press the trashcan button when we get a new telemarketer and it would play that message and then add them to our blocked list.
#11636 by southsound
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:15 am
Wow! What a collection of phone messages. Now I'll have to spend days choosing which ones to use when we're able to upload our own messages!
#11637 by StevenJohn
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:34 am
I just love this thread. I learned who the AT&T lady is, that we may get to upload our own mp3 announcements, and all kinds of funny wav files.

Boy, this is too much!

sj
#11640 by Groundhound
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:49 am
I can see where uploading your own audio files might be a DRM headache for ooma, but a large choice of free-to-use recordings like the ones from Pat Fleet would be great. Even if it were only available to premier users it might make premier even more compelling. Never underestimate the power of music & humor!
#15019 by thbjr
Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm
Bobby B wrote:Yep, we had to remove the additional treatments because we discovered a few of our announcement servers had not been upgraded. We're scheduling those to be upgraded within the next week or two and then we'll turn the two new treatments back on.

Has it been a week or two yet? I still don't see any additional options. I would also like to see a 'gray' list. I get "important information" calls via auto dialer from my employer. I want to hear them, just not in the middle of diner. It would be nice to be able to send some callers to voicemail and others blocked completely.
I loved that 'hang up and deposit 25 cents' option, ROFL.