Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#11500 by bw1
Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:54 am
It looks like there are a couple of changes in the lounge.

The biggest change looks to be that now you can select "Continuous Ring" for blacklisted numbers. Also the wording was changed.

There is no addition of Continuous Ring for ACB, however.

Also, there is a change to calling preferences which just looks like a UI change. It now says Call Forwarding and has a selection for "Multi-Ring" or "Call forward all" instead of a check box to ring phones connected to my ooma system. It doesn't look like there is any functionality change for this. It now mentions "A forwarded call must be accepted by pressing "1" before you will be connected to the caller.".
#11517 by StevenJohn
Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:11 pm
bw1 wrote:The biggest change looks to be that now you can select "Continuous Ring" for blacklisted numbers.

Yes it was there and I had it selected, but it's gone now. Mine was reset to "sent to voicemail."

Something must not have worked.

sj
#11524 by bw1
Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:09 pm
You're right, it's gone. Maybe it was "accidentally" released.
#11529 by pl1
Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:34 pm
bw1 wrote:You're right, it's gone. Maybe it was "accidentally" released.
Well, continuous ring makes a lot more sense to me than going to voicemail. Who wants to listen to telemarketing drivel? And the added plus is you get to annoy the telemarketer when they can't get through.

On my answering machine, I have an option to either REJECT THE CALL or ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY. I think the message says "Your call is rejected". They always try again with an anonymous call. Now Ooma gets those.
#11540 by Bobby B
Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:38 am
Yep, we had to remove the additional treatments because we discovered a few of our announcement servers had not been upgraded. We're scheduling those to be upgraded within the next week or two and then we'll turn the two new treatments back on.
#11544 by Bobby B
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 pm
2nd New Treatment was:

Number Disconnected Message: Callers will hear "<disconnect tone> We're sorry, you've reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service, if you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."
#11555 by StevenJohn
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 pm
Yeah, that's the one I want. It seems ooma has read my mind. Is that the one that sounds like Majel Barrett? It sure sounds like the Star Trek computer voice.

sj