Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#9964 by lutefisk
Tue May 19, 2009 7:42 pm
I search a bit and didn't find this question asked, so pardon me if it has already been covered.

I have two phone numbers configured for my ooma. When I enable multiring in the lounge, it doesn't give me an options to specify which number. I want to have one number ring both the home phones and my cell phone and the other number ring home phones and my wife's cell phone. Is this possible?
#9970 by jmassimilla
Wed May 20, 2009 2:06 am
If you have your second ooma number set up as a dedicated number and not shared with the main number, you would have separate settings for that number such as voicemail, etc. Just log into the lounge under that number instead of the main number and you can set it up. You can only set up one multiring number per ooma number. Ex--main number + your cell and secondary number + wife's cell.
#10025 by Bobby B
Wed May 20, 2009 11:48 pm
Right now, if you have two phone number assigned to your main (i.e. your "Shared") account, you can only configure one Multi-Ring number for both phone numbers.

We're working on changing to the interface so you can customize different Multi-Ring numbers for each phone number without needing to creating a separate device account. I'm hopeful this will be available in the next couple months.

-Bobby
#10147 by lutefisk
Fri May 22, 2009 11:27 am
Thanks Bobby. That is great news.

And thanks jmassimilla. That will help me for now, but in the long term I wanted to have both ooma numbers ring all the home phones and differentiate by ring type. (Really happy to find that ooma has this capability. Now anxiously awaiting the multiring changes Bobby described that will put it all together.)