Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#110517 by 159515100
Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:15 pm
When I go to my desktop computer I have no problem logging onto my account but on both my iPad and my Galaxy S4 the screen remains blank when I try to access it. It used to work but lately no luck. Any ideas?
#110525 by wagnercg80
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm
I started having problems using both Cellular and Wifi to access My Ooma from my up-to-date IOS 6.1.4 iPhone 5. The screen just goes blank. I've tried Safari, Chrome, Mercury, and Atomic browsers. I've tried emptying cache and resetting all network settings. Yet I can access My Ooma from a computer just fine.

Yesterday, one Ooma technician said there was an outage for My Ooma.
Earlier this evening, a technician said that the problem was my ISP was blocking Ooma. Some ISP's (he said) were blocking Ooma calls and others blocking My Ooma.
Later, yet another technician said that Ooma required Internet Explorer or Google Chrome and it was not supported otherwise. This is patently false as I have been using Safari and Safari (mobile) for over a year to access My Ooma. He later checked more into it by accessing My Ooma from his own cell phone and was successful.

I'm confused. I have tried disableing cellular data (access via WiFi only) and cannot access My Ooma. I have tried just using Cellular data.

The phone technicians in customer support do not have answers and (by above) are clearly guessing.

Has anyone else had this problem? it looks to me as if Ooma is disabling mobile access to My Ooma (intentionally or unintentionally)

Thanks.
#110526 by wagnercg80
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 pm
Oh, yes, I can access My Ooma right now on my computer using the same internet connection (using Safari).

I on chat with Brandon (the fourth technician I have contacted) who is escalating my call to level 2.
#110530 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:55 pm
Mine was working fine using my iPhone until I tried to play around with it (I was in desktop version mode for the longest time). I believe there is a problem with mobile version login. https://my.ooma.com renders a blank screen using Safari. Same thing happens when jumping to my.ooma.com from the app.
#110545 by 27greywolf
Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:35 am
I ran into this exact problem on Friday May 31st (on all my Apple mobile devices) and sent support a request to Cust.Service. Their response (on June 2nd) was:

"Are you getting any error message? Are you able to browse any website?

Please try using a desktop/laptop. Do not use an iPad or Tablet device(s)."

Clearly an unacceptable answer for a portal that's been working flawlessly since mid-April when I switched over to Ooma. Of course I replied to them saying this was a regression in their web portal and that forcing people to use desktops/laptops is counter-intuitive as more and more people are becoming mobile-only.

To date their silence is deafening... hopefully they will get this turned around quick.
#110549 by saisivak
Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 am
One of the Customer Service rep said Ooma is rewriting the Mobile App software. He said that he does not know when it will be completed.

Hopefully when Ooma updates new software it should be working,
#110550 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:51 am
saisivak wrote:One of the Customer Service rep said Ooma is rewriting the Mobile App software. He said that jhe does not know when it will be completed.

Hopefully when Ooma updates new software it should be working,

I think they are mixing up mobile app with my.ooma.com mobile.
#110553 by kevrol
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:35 pm
I started having this same problem on my iPhone last week. Glad I'm not the only one. If I were to guess I'd say Ooma has disabled being able to view my.ooma.com from a mobile device so that you're forced to pay $9.99 for the app.
#110554 by Tom
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 pm
We have reproduded the problem. The web team is investigating.