Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#110471 by Jerald
Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 am
Does anyone know if the 5v 1.5a power supply for the HD2 is covered under warranty? My HD2 handset was purchased in October 2012 and replaced once by customer service. Head phone jack was the issue before and was an automatic replacement to fix a bug. Power supply has a bad rectifier, voltage was fluctuating from 2 - 4.5 volts causing my phone to beep in the cradle and display to remain on. I had a similar power supply I use to charge a head phone I own and has fixed my problem for now.
Last edited by Jerald on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
#110477 by Jerald
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:32 am
lbmofo wrote:Warranty should be a year.

Thank you, I spoke to customer care this morning, they said the cradle charger was still within the warranty.
Never had a power supply fail on any of my previous phones before, but nice to have a full years warranty.
Customer care was very friendly and pleasant to help me with my problem.
#110664 by Jerald
Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:27 pm
Jerald wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Warranty should be a year.

Thank you, I spoke to customer care this morning, they said the cradle charger was still within the warranty.
Never had a power supply fail on any of my previous phones before, but nice to have a full years warranty.
Customer care was very friendly and pleasant to help me with my problem.

Just a follow up...received a replacement cradle and a/c transformer adapter after three days and was happy that I had been well treated by our "customer service reps from India"...but it DID NOT WORK. Cradle contacts were in good shape, but the transformer was obviously from an earlier HD2. 5v 1.0a and dead as far as my HD2 Handset and volt meter was concerned.
Electronics is no stranger to me, 35 years with Polaroid and Fuji Film USA (Industrial products)...currently very happy to be retired and enjoying life. My biggest complaint is....please TEST a replacement before you ship to a customer who is getting the same problem. It is obvious that vendor problems held up the release of our current HD2 handset. Some Chinese vendors are wonderful and others are not so great as there is a problem here central!
If anyone here has the same problem, I suggest you go to Amazon and buy a new transformer as I did. Originally $29.99 and now for only $5.01 (I paid $2.95 originally), Amazon fluctuates in price). 5v 1.5a and sold by Microsoft. Good for cell phones, tablets, headphones, and other USB devices. Very well made compared with what you get with your HD2. It was made for the Micorsoft Zune if that helps. Still happy with Ooma and will tell the world, but please KIDS...find a better vendor.

Be sure if you order a new transformer from Amazon it is 5v 1.5a...here is the ad: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IX ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by Jerald on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#110668 by murphy
Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm
My Motorola XOOM tablet has a 12 volt, 1.5 amp power supply.
A Telo is not going to last very long connected to a 12 volt power supply.
#110672 by Jerald
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 pm
murphy wrote:My Motorola XOOM tablet has a 12 volt, 1.5 amp power supply.
A Telo is not going to last very long connected to a 12 volt power supply.

You must have the "Newer Xoom" that does have a 12 volt battery and power supply, this a/c charger is for the ORIGINAL Xoom and I own one. I am aware it must be 5v 1.5 or 1.0a and all should be concerned about that.
Also requires a usb to 5 pin connector to connect from the transformer to cradle. Most consumers have several of these in a drawer.

Here is the ad at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IX ... UTF8&psc=1
#110673 by murphy
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm
Jerald wrote:
murphy wrote:My Motorola XOOM tablet has a 12 volt, 1.5 amp power supply.
A Telo is not going to last very long connected to a 12 volt power supply.

You must have the "Newer Xoom" that does have a 12 volt battery and power supply, this a/c charger is for the ORIGINAL Xoom and I own one. I am aware it must be 5v 1.5 or 1.0a and all should be concerned about that.

Here is the ad at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IX ... UTF8&psc=1

That ad is for a Microsoft Zune adapter not a Motorola XOOM adapter.

I have the original Motorola XOOM WiFI only model which is over two years old at this point.
#110674 by Jerald
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm
murphy wrote:
Jerald wrote:
murphy wrote:My Motorola XOOM tablet has a 12 volt, 1.5 amp power supply.
A Telo is not going to last very long connected to a 12 volt power supply.

You must have the "Newer Xoom" that does have a 12 volt battery and power supply, this a/c charger is for the ORIGINAL Xoom and I own one. I am aware it must be 5v 1.5 or 1.0a and all should be concerned about that.

Here is the ad at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IX ... UTF8&psc=1

That ad is for a Microsoft Zune adapter not a Motorola XOOM adapter.

Sorry, finally sunk in, YES it is the for the Microsoft Zune and it is the correct adapter. I hate Microsoft for the names, I own both the Xoom and Zune. There is no way to use the Xoom power supply unless you cut off the plug and added a usb.
I have corrected my first post to the Zune adapter, but any USB 5v 1.5a adapter will work provided it has a 5 pin plug for the cradle.
#110677 by Jerald
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:53 pm
Jerald wrote:
murphy wrote:My Motorola XOOM tablet has a 12 volt, 1.5 amp power supply.
A Telo is not going to last very long connected to a 12 volt power supply.

You must have the "Newer Xoom" that does have a 12 volt battery and power supply, this a/c charger is for the ORIGINAL Xoom and I own one. I am aware it must be 5v 1.5 or 1.0a and all should be concerned about that.
Also requires a usb to 5 pin connector to connect from the transformer to cradle. Most consumers have several of these in a drawer.

Here is the ad at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IX ... UTF8&psc=1

You are right, should have been the ZUNE charger a perfect replacement. I did not mean the Xoom. I own both.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests