Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#109067 by XFED
Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 pm
We have 2 HD2 handsets. I actually have 2 issues. When the phone rings, if I pick it up on a HD2 handset, in order to hear the caller I must hit the green call button. If I am reading the instructions correctly, I should hear the caller when I pick up the handset WITHOUT having to hit the green call button. 2nd issue - When I am on a call on handset #1 and another call comes in, if we try to pick it up on HD2 handset #2 - we cannot answer and will inadvertently cut off the incoming 2nd call. I have no trouble toggling back and forth on handset #1 to pick up the 2nd call, but I KNOW we should be able to pick up the second call on any phone in the home. We also have a (cordless) Panasonic Mod. KX-TG6473 that is attached to the Telo. This Panasonic hub supports 3 additional handsets. So, we have a total of 6 handsets scattered throughout our home. I will call Ooma during the week, but this is really bugging me - can anyone help?
#109078 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:42 pm
XFED wrote:We have 2 HD2 handsets. I actually have 2 issues. When the phone rings, if I pick it up on a HD2 handset, in order to hear the caller I must hit the green call button. If I am reading the instructions correctly, I should hear the caller when I pick up the handset WITHOUT having to hit the green call button.

To be able to do this, go into the HD2 handset Menu>Settings and push select. Scroll down to the Auto Answer line and select Yes. (This only works if the HD2 handset is setting on it's charging cradle.
If the HD2 handset is off of the charging cradle when a call comes in, you still have to press the Talk (Green Phone) Button.)
XFED wrote:2nd issue - When I am on a call on handset #1 and another call comes in, if we try to pick it up on HD2 handset #2 - we cannot answer and will inadvertently cut off the incoming 2nd call. I have no trouble toggling back and forth on handset #1 to pick up the 2nd call, but I KNOW we should be able to pick up the second call on any phone in the home. We also have a (cordless) Panasonic Mod. KX-TG6473 that is attached to the Telo. This Panasonic hub supports 3 additional handsets. So, we have a total of 6 handsets scattered throughout our home. I will call Ooma during the week, but this is really bugging me - can anyone help?

Practice (need Ooma Premier):
What you have to do is call your Ooma Telo phone number with two phones and view the screen and practice a little.
You will find that the first inbound to HD2 Line 1 call display is not constant and can be very slow to show (about 3 seconds) after the ringing starts. (Some times the display shows almost instantly?)

You will find that when the second call is coming in and you press the Talk (Green Phone) Button, the second line 2 call displays very, very, very slow, and you just have to wait several (about 4) seconds. If you start pressing buttons before you see the HD2 handset screen display change, the
call(s) are dropped.

You will find that the HD2 handset is very, very, very slow when pressing the Talk (Green Phone) button to switch from line 1 to line 2, or back to line 2 from line 1. Again it takes about 4 seconds before the transaction takes place. Again if any button is pushed before you see the line 1 to line 2 display change, or from line 2 to line 1 change, the call will be dropped.

While you are practicing, when you have two calls connected to the Ooma Telo HD2 handset, press the HD2 Right Soft key. Select the 3-way conference option and see if it works for you. Select the HD2 Right soft key again and see if you can stop the 3-way conference.

Using the Panasonic handset everything works fine. Your just have to remember to push the Flash button after you push the Talk button to switch the Panasonic handset from line 2 to line 1. The switching is almost instant using the Panasonic handsets. (When you press the Panasonic handset Talk button, the Panasonic Handset “thinks” that you want to make an outbound call on Line 2. So to join the call in progress on Line 1, the Panasonic Handset flash button has to be pushed to switch the Panasonic handset to Line 1 and join the existing call.)

After establishing an inbound call from an Outside phone to the Panasonic handset, joining the call using a HD2 handset seems to be much faster.
#109083 by XFED
Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:18 am
thunderbird - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I only have 1 cell phone, so I cannot call in on 2 phones, but I will try this when a friend comes over with their cell phone. I am positive your first suggestion (switching to auto answer) will fix the immediate problem. Again - thank you!